Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Speculatively Animated

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I do not like the tail lights - still too much like the Camaro.

I was told yesterday by an insider that big round tail light just didn't fit in with the more angular C7. I could see that. He also said they aren't as much like Camaro as everyone is worried about. We'll see if he's right.

I was told yesterday by an insider that big round tail light just didn't fit in with the more angular C7. I could see that. He also said they aren't as much like Camaro as everyone is worried about. We'll see if he's right.

I hope he's right.

2014 Vette ?

Looks like another sexy, slick, overpriced, hi-power Camaro. Might as well go all the way and skip the fiberglas, and just stamp them out of steel body. Seems like each new platform gets a little further away from the original Corvette in both style and price. :eyerole

Jim Ward

Styling is in the eye of the holder, but things like costs are easy to compare. The 53 Vette base price was about $3515 compared with the top of the line sedan Belair at 1874 base. That makes that crude 53 about 1.8 times the cost of the benchmark top selling sedan. The 2012 Vette had a base of $54,600 verses the top sedan - Impala LZ base of about $30,300. That made the Vette about 1.8 times the price of the Top of the line sedan. That doesn't make the Vete a bargain, but it isn't any worse relative to the Chevy line than it was at introduction.

As for the style, I remember that neat C5 that was reskinned as a 53 tribute for the 50th anniversary. It was pretty cool, but I doubt if they could sell them in any numbers. I can't think of any current car that takes styling themes from a 1953 model. Stuff changes, and you either go with it, or you don't. It will be interesting to see if the C7 attracts new buyers, which it must do.

Let's just hope it doesn't have those Pachenko Parlor lights all over it and in the headlamps. The Japanese aren't always right, you know.

C7 ?

Styling is in the eye of the holder, but things like costs are easy to compare. The 53 Vette base price was about $3515 compared with the top of the line sedan Belair at 1874 base. That makes that crude 53 about 1.8 times the cost of the benchmark top selling sedan. The 2012 Vette had a base of $54,600 verses the top sedan - Impala LZ base of about $30,300. That made the Vette about 1.8 times the price of the Top of the line sedan. That doesn't make the Vete a bargain, but it isn't any worse relative to the Chevy line than it was at introduction.

As for the style, I remember that neat C5 that was reskinned as a 53 tribute for the 50th anniversary. It was pretty cool, but I doubt if they could sell them in any numbers. I can't think of any current car that takes styling themes from a 1953 model. Stuff changes, and you either go with it, or you don't. It will be interesting to see if the C7 attracts new buyers, which it must do.

Well price is subjective, but styling is what bridges the gap between price and styling. IF, people like the styling, than they tend to lean a little more toward the Car as it seems to grow on them style wise and the price diminishes in their eyes. But if both the styling & price rub them rough, and the auto sells less copies. With Corvette production numbers seem to be steady, I suppose it all boils down to whether the buying public like the styling. But it seems that Ford, and their Mustang that's really stealing the show lately. Corvette has never been to bond with the public as the Ford Mustang has. Why I don't know. Just my $0.02

The string of LED lights are showing up on more upscale cars. :w

But, I don't like the roof line. It looks too much like a Ford Torino from Starsky and Hutch.

I think it's fantastic! I like it alot. :happyanim: WOW!!!

Also, the animation company did a fantastic job!

"Huskerman
Hmmmm.....glad I bought me a C6 today......."

Many were glad they bought a C5 when the C6 was introduced!!! :L

AND everybody say what you want, the dealers that have C6's still in stock when the C7's come out better have some HUGE discounts on those C6's because I'll plunk down my money for this new C7 over a new similarly priced C6 when that time comes!!! The decision will be VERY easy for me.
Chuck M​

Last edited:
Ya but.

Ya but what's the difference mechanically? Engine wise and suspension wise? etc? Otherwise it looks good to me.:)

Steady Production?

Well price is subjective, but styling is what bridges the gap between price and styling. IF, people like the styling, than they tend to lean a little more toward the Car as it seems to grow on them style wise and the price diminishes in their eyes. But if both the styling & price rub them rough, and the auto sells less copies. With Corvette production numbers seem to be steady, I suppose it all boils down to whether the buying public like the styling. But it seems that Ford, and their Mustang that's really stealing the show lately. Corvette has never been to bond with the public as the Ford Mustang has. Why I don't know. Just my $0.02

The Corvette's sales and production don't seem very steady to me. In the late 70's they were building 45k-50k per year. Unless I misread, I thought they built 12k last year and I read they are looking to build an additional car in Bowling Green to keep those good folks working. Something is wrong!

C-7 animation

I think it looks great!!!! Maybe the tail lights aren't the best, but need to see the real thing, before judging too harshly! Hope overall dimenions stay about the same, or even get smaller! Looking forward to the real thing!

I'm down with it :thumb... I certainly don't mind the styling. It's no more a radical change than it was from '67 to '68, '82 to '84, or '96 to '97. C5 to C6 was more of an evolutionary change than a revolutionary change. This C6 to C7 seems on par with that.

That rendering has a few different styling queues. From some angles, it takes on a Ferrari look, like the Scuderia or California. Both of those are sharp cars!

It may grow on me

I had a Torch Red c5 convertible that I loved. When the c6 came out they had done away with Torch Red and I didn't like the short look. Slowly I got over it and after about 2 yrs, I bought a 2006 c6 convertible. The Monterey Red Metallic Tint was a rich looking color and was my choice over the Victory Red and the other reds that tried in the early c6s. I sold my c5 and kicked myself for it every since. In 2010 they brought Torch Red back and I immediately bought a convertible. Last Dec I took delivery of a 2012 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible and the c6 is clearly a beautiful car in my eyes now as still is the c5. By the way, 3 weeks ago I found a 1998 c5 Torch Red Convertible, 6 spd,w/Z51 package and it only had 65,355 miles on it. Great shape and I bought it, so now I'm not kicking myself anymore. I now sport a c5 and a c6 smile.

I guess the moral to the story for me is I'm disappointed that there wasn't more of a dramatic body style change from the c6 (like the concept car). It kinda takes from other cars instead of being in the forefront. I don't know, but this looks like the base car. What differences will there be with the GS, z06 and zr1? And most importantly to me, what will the convertible look like, even if I have to wait until 2015, if the are delayed a year like in past generations.

It may not take 2yrs to grow on me like the c6 did, but if the technology and power is there, I'm sure it will.

God Bless America and God Bless Corvettes,
rick

Let's just hope it doesn't have those Pachenko Parlor lights all over it and in the headlamps. The Japanese aren't always right, you know.

Those LED drl's were first introduced by Audi.

Hummm

Looks too much like a 370 Z...Also looks like this animation shows that the tail lights are kind of like a cross between round and rectangular....

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom