Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: 2014 Corvette - It's All in the Calibration

With that quick blurry glimpse of the car going by, I think the taillights are going to be more Camaro like. Unfortunately. It was pretty blurry though, so keeping my fingers crossed for something better.

Yeah, I was trying to see the rear in particular but it's too blurry.

If the dic car graphic works so that tires light up when you ck tire press, radiator lights up when you ck coolant & etc then I hope you can shut it off. That's totally ricer IMO.

:eyerole

The shot of the tach is kind of interesting to me...

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11657

The engine & oil are warmed, but not at operating temp.
The oil pressure is zero and the tach needle is at zero, which would lead me to believe the engine is not running. Should I be concerned if the battery is showing less than 12v??? ;squint: :D

what's very interesting in your snap of the tach, is that the overlayed car is a C6, look at the front end
and especially the tailights, clearly four round C6 circles in the graphic. so..this is a tease. as this is NOT the final form obviously, why would they use last years graphic in all that digital tech. I also was fooled..I had to stop the vid frame by frame when another poster said "the car going by ..was blurry" ..huh? where?!!, ah..behind the rail fence, white and black trimmed C7, with definite camaro-like taillights...move the vid frame by frame, completely blurry, but there.

Last edited:
Like it already

I think you have to expect that the new car is going to be a jump into the future. I like the analog gauges in my C-5, but this thing is going to be too precise and too fast for yesterday's technology. Maybe it would help to think "high tech" instead of "digital". And 440 hp may not seem like a major increase in power but the car is going to be lighter. The locked video entitled "Creation" to be released on 1/10 on the Chevy web page says exactly that right behind the lock, along with the partially blocked "...ficient". Hmm, wonder what that could mean? As for the tail lights, I've made peace with the "Camaro" look. After seeing the new Malibu, I think of it as the "family" look. Bottom line for me is that I remember when the C-5 came out in '97, the Corvette engineers took all the complaints people had about the previous cars and turned them into strong points. I'm expecting an improved interior and an all around better car and you know the after market is going to be pumping out upgrades for anything you don't like.

I don't really care for the see-through car in the middle of the tach. Seems unnecessarily busy unless it is used for some sort of information display.

Glass cockpits are the present in airliners and the display can be changed to suit the operation at the time while keeping the core instruments in center focus. Vehicles are going this way also and I can understand it. As needs change, so can the display on the dash without having to redesign a new dash.

I'm not expecting the car graphic to be a static image. On many of the LED/OLED displays used in cars now, especially the newer hybrid & electric cars, all those in-dash images change depending on what you are viewing. Along the same lines as being able to customize what the HUD shows in the current models.

2014 Corvette

I like the stance of the car as mentioned by others and the instrument cluster looks real nice. I watched 5th Gear last night and one of the cars test driven was a new Grand Sport - he didn't care for too much inside the car. Unfortunately I had to agree with most of his comments. Looking forward to the 2014 as I'm picking up a new car in May - could be a 2014 Vet or a CTS-V.

Thank you Rob, for being right on top of things,
as the time gets closer to the 13th, things will become
clearer and clearer. I hate to say it, being a big fan of Campbell Ewald, and some
of there wonderful ad compaigns, and great staff. BUT this new campaign is what
the C 7 needed. Everyone loves to be teased....Wouldn't Gordon Killabrew have a
field day with a new digital dash....:rotfl ;LOL..

I think this is just too much! So sad that Corvette Division has to do these come on promo the car and not show a dam thing! It a waste of time!

I'm finding it difficult to be enthused over C7 because I am not happy w/GM right now. I would really like to see them address the LS7 issue before I shell out a bunch of money for another Vette. I have planned to keep my LS7 indefinitely just because I have liked the 427 Vette since I was a kid. So, having got one I have planned to keep it as a life long toy :happyanim:. But,

it really makes me irritated that there seems to be a issue w/LS7 and GM acts like there is not a issue. They only say there was a head problem with warrantied cars (08-feb 11). After feb 11 they say issue was resolved but there seems to be LS7's built after that date w/issues (guide wear).

It makes me think they cannot be trusted. I am a die hard Vette fan but for them not to recognize this makes me lose faith. I suppose they did recognize the issue or they would not have made public statement thru their public relations but, they do not state what they plan to do about it. Their position seems to be 'let the engine fail and we'll replace it'....some owners will be out of warranty when this issue rears it's ugly head and on their dime. GM is betting the car will make it out of warranty before it fails it seems.

The LS7 was totally new when it came out. Since this will be a totally new Vette I'm finding it difficult to be enthused wondering what issues it will have. :ugh

How about re-engineering .

Too bad they can't spend a couple million repairing some of the older vette reoccurring problems like the abs modules. All I see are more electricial problems to consult the forums about.

I don't mind all the hype, it's kinda fun and exciting ......I mean that's why I buy all that leather underwear and other things for her to .......uh....er.....nevermind........

I think the car is going to be a lot different and I'm good with that....there are new generations of buyers coming up that need to be won over.....

Last edited:
Well, OK. Having trouble with them covering a warranty part. After spending $200K on my C6, may consider seeing how the Viper warranty works.

Is this going to be another "digital" dash like the early C4s?? :ugh

I guess they could be. They showed us a picture of a sport bike gauge assembly.

Is this going to be another "digital" dash like the early C4s??
Boeing taught me the value of analog gauges for quick scan/evaluation. This has direct applicability to performance driving.

My biggest issue with the digi-dash was the inaccuracy; that before I realized that the smoothing applied to the data displayed hides information that might be critical, like fluctuating oil pressure. Smoothing allows readability of the numbers which might otherwise be changing too fast to be read.
:w

Is this going to be another "digital" dash like the early C4s?? :ugh
I liked the C4 Corvettes except for the digital dash which is what killed it for me. Any Corvette that comes out with a digital dash , my reaction will be , as they say on the show " SHARK TANK " I'm out !

Say it ain't so...another gimmicky electronic dash ala 1984? You'd think Government Motors would have learned its lesson. :eek:hnoes

And I didn't even read the posts above!!!!!

Last edited:
The shot of the dash and steering wheel at :26 - :27 got my attention. The tach/DIC was hot looking :thumb

....and how about that outline of the car in the middle of the tach??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom