Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

21000 mile maintenance

Well, I don't know about 21,000 mile maintenance but I do know that if you bring it to Stewart Automotive in Colma, CA for 40,000 mile maintenance it should run you about $10,000 - $20,000 when all is said and done. ;)

sleepyhead said:
Well, I don't know about 21,000 mile maintenance but I do know that if you bring it to Stewart Automotive in Colma, CA for 40,000 mile maintenance it should run you about $10,000 - $20,000 when all is said and done. ;)
What are you talking about?

21,000 service prices.

Sharon,
I jusy got off the phone with the service writer at Crest Chevrolet (San Bernardino, Calif). He said you should'nt have to pay much more than $200.00-Lube, Oil, Filter, tire rotation and air cleaner) Thats assuming you do not need repairs.

Larry

Any reputable service shop can perform your 20,000 miles service. It is not subject to dealership performance only. Example, Econo Lube & Tune can perform it by the book for under $80.00 buckaroos. Just $00.02 more for you to ponder.
Sharondippity said:
What's an average cost for this maintenance? I just got a reminder I have to have it done to keep my warranty?

Sharondippity said:
tire rotation?
arent the tires directional and different size front to back and not rotated?
I hope you guys and gals arent getting billed for tire rotation when you bring them in for servicing ;)

My tires aren't rotate-able.

And slong,

"Any reputable service shop can perform your 20,000 miles service. It is not subject to dealership performance only. Example, Econo Lube & Tune can perform it by the book for under $80.00 buckaroos."

What exactly do they do for this service? My message has not been returned from the service department.

Am sure they do everything thats listed in the owner's manual. (with a modest labor charge)

I would also guess that any service shop can perform these items from the manual checklist and that they might not be dealer service center specific.

(worth looking into)

36k mile service for my 2003 Expedition is going to be $495 thru the local dealership!

Sharondippity said:
tire rotation?
You are correct! And, IIRC, there's nothing to lube on the vehicle, either (except the customer). I don't think the air cleaner is due by the book until 25K. Wheel bearings are repacked during brake relinings, too; not a warranty issue. IMO, the dealer's trying to sell a little fear, here, Sharon.

Well guess again. Your F1'S if you have a Z06 like I do rotate from left to right. You sound like you have run heavies, and if that is the case, they are directional. Sorry, but I do not have the time to check what is in detail with a 20K service. But I'm somewhat sure it is inspections and oil / filter changes. OK everyone, get the guns and shoot the messenger.
:L
Sharondippity said:
My tires aren't rotate-able.

And slong,

"Any reputable service shop can perform your 20,000 miles service. It is not subject to dealership performance only. Example, Econo Lube & Tune can perform it by the book for under $80.00 buckaroos."

What exactly do they do for this service? My message has not been returned from the service department.

Have them do an oil change. Other than that there's not much till 50k when the tranny fluid should be changed. But most of us change it well before then. And spark plugs at 100k which we all change before then. And if you do your own oil changes save your money and stay home. Tell the service department you'll see them when something fails. Enjoy the ride. Miles of smiles.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom