Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3/30/03 Membership Update

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
I spent some time this morning updating my files and thought our members would find this interesting :D

Update: March 30, 2003 (Information from our NEW Registration format)

St. Louis 1981's
Oldest 1981 = August 25, 1980 ~ S/N #00073
(Edit: 04/03/03)Newest 1981 = June 20, 1981 ~ S/N #30834 July 22, 1981 ~ S/N #31098
Total Registered: 97

Bowling Green 1981's
Oldest 1981 = June 1, 1981 ~ S/N #00021
Newest 1981 = October 21, 1981 ~ S/N #08647
Total Registered: 40
[color=sea-green](Birthdates are courtesy of NCRS Wisconsin Chapter's website)[/color]

You can see our Registry is making progress documenting the 1981 Corvette. With each of the above 137 registrations we can pretty much document each car. This is subject to the information supplied by the owners ;).

The Registry over the past 2 1/2 years has documented a total of 347 1981 Corvettes. The documentation prior to August of 2002 does not include options, and was more of a roster of 1981 Corvettes and owners. With the introduction of our new REGISTRATION FORM in August of 2002 we are probably one of only a few C3 Registry's doing this type of indepth data collection.

If you have been around since the beginning, but have not completed this Form I incourage you to take a few minutes and complete the Registration Form and submit it.

Also I want to remind members about our L81 Gear.. we have Polo Shirts, Hats, Travel Mugs and Denim Shirts available. You can be styling at this years events ;)

As a footnote here... We've documented 1981 Corvettes in
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • England
  • France
  • New Zealand
  • USA

Before the new Registration Form was introduced I also show members from
  • Brazil
  • Japan

Interesting stats Bud. The registration form is just the thing that will help answer a lot of questions on how many had what options.

BTW I was stylin' at Vettefest with my new L81 denim shirt. It's amazing how many looks of envy I got. :D

Tom

Hey Bud, cool stats. Since I was probably one of the early people I filled out the form. It gave me an error message that the "thank you" page was not found, if it didn't send you the info just let me know and I'll resend it.

Bud

I entered the info again and hope this is needed, also the color 28 Dark Blue Metallic is for the St. Louis plant and 38 Dark Blue Metallic is from the Bowling Green plant.

As always you guys are doing a great job and thank you for everybodies efforts, this is the number one site that I frequent daily.

Chuck:)

Rare81 said:
Newest 1981 = June 20, 1981 ~ S/N #30834

OK Bud let's get with the program, you're not in the Navy anymore, I've got #31098 July 22nd :gap ;)

Scott,

Thank you ole buddy, I stand corrected :D

(thanks for sending in your registration... ... FINALLY!) ;)

Bud

Nice last poke Bud. He should know better than mess with the USN. :D

............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom