Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

32 mpg

32 is my best mpg for my ’96 on a trip from Columbus, OH to eastern Pennsylvania!

I spoke to the owner of a ’93 40th coupe who averaged 33 mpg from Ohio to Texas.

Who needs a hybrid when you can have a V8!

B17Crew
:w

I get from 28 to 32 depending if I am driving into the wind. I tell folks my Vette is my Toyota Corolla. Actually, the Vette gets BETTER mileage than a Toyota Corolla! :L

SAVE THE :w

Toyota Corolla

Yea my Mom has a 2007 Toyota corolla and the Corvette is almost the same I was excited

That's pretty awesome! I average about 20 mpg driving around town.

20 MPG around town here as well, Have not taken it on any road trips yet. If I can get 30+ MPG it will be great!

TR :Steer

Good Fuel Economy

I routinely get around 20 MPG in local town traffic ... from NC to MD and back ... average between 28 and 30 MPG. It should be better driving from MD to NC ... it's downhill :)

You guys are getting fantastic mileage. I only get 16 in town and 24 is the highest I have managed on the road. What is the secrete to getting that kind of millage on a stock LT1 with the 2:59 rear end ratio.

Seriously do I need to replace the plugs and wires or the O2 sensors. They are all original with 88K on the car.;help

You guys are getting fantastic mileage. I only get 16 in town and 24 is the highest I have managed on the road. What is the secrete to getting that kind of millage on a stock LT1 with the 2:59 rear end ratio.

Seriously do I need to replace the plugs and wires or the O2 sensors. They are all original with 88K on the car.;help

I get about 18-19 in town with the ZF-6 speed. I keep all consumables clean (air filter, fuel filter, etc.). I have the original plugs and wires from ’96 still on the car. I clean my throttle body every year no matter what, it’s clean enough to eat out of!

My in town mileage of 18-19 would actually improve if I reconnected my 1-4 skip shift (I have the CAGS bypass installed).

B17Crew

20 for ten miles through town.
30 about half way to California from GA.
CAGS is installed.
I mash the gas to get the rush every now and then.
There are a few other kinds of cars that like to race me to see how they stack up.

...Who needs a hybrid when you can have a V8!

Amen to that!

I'm getting better gas mileage with my 1980 resto-mod with a TH350 than my 2004 Toyota 4Runner with its 5-speed automatic.

In fact, my wife's Ford Escape gets almost as good mileage as my Vette!

:cool

Amen to that!

I'm getting better gas mileage with my 1980 resto-mod with a TH350 than my 2004 Toyota 4Runner with its 5-speed automatic.

In fact, my wife's Ford Escape gets almost as good mileage as my Vette!

:cool

I bet 9 out of 10 people think that the Corvette is a gas guzzler!

My coworkers were in disbelief when I told them what kind of gas mileage I get.

B17Crew

I'm getting around 10-12 mpg city; 15-18 highway.

I bet 9 out of 10 people think that the Corvette is a gas guzzler!

My coworkers were in disbelief when I told them what kind of gas mileage I get.

B17Crew

Yup,

My eg-gf used to get upset because my previous automatic 96 got better mileage than her 2.2L Cavalier when we travelled... To be fair, she only had the 3spd automatic and never drove below 70MPH when we travelled... I told her she'd get better mileage than me if she'd stick to 55MPH while I did 70+... :D

My coworkers usually give me a ;squint: but I have to remind them that having a 6spd and only turning 2K RPM at 80MPH with the A/C on lends to economy while they spin their econobox motors to 4K RPM trying to maintain that same speed...

In real world driving, most of the econo boxes have to rev much higher than optimum to ever get close to their advertised economy... I think that was one reason the MPG rating standards were revised for this year... Nobody drives under the ideal conditions needed to achieve the perfect MPG rating...

:)Thunder does 19 in town and +/-26 on the AutoPista @ 90 MPH.

That is not to shabby for 450+HP 450+torque and I never get through a tank of gas without a few romps from 50 ish to well over 100; Usually inspired by some euro-trash crawling up my exhaust. ¨objects in the review mirror get smaller¨:L

I'm presuming that only cars without performance axle options are in the ball park of 30mph?

With say a G44 option replacing 2.59:1 to 3.09:1 might bring it down to mid 20s?

As for tricks to get to the best mpg I'd say stock engine in good state of tune and properly inflated tires perhaps on the higher end of psi and most importantly a conservative right foot.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom