Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

383 Quasi Crossfire headed for the strip

Watching........ready to spring, too.......:w

Haven't had the time or money yet, had to pick up those new drag radials,couldn't pass up the discount, course I haven't been able to them on the track either. Just one thing after another, as usual :eyerole

Yesterday Thunder started getting hot, the needle climbed to about 220º and the oil temp went over ½ way. I was running my normal 100MPH on the motorway and it was a long way to the next exit so I slowed down to about 70 but the oil temp continued to rise. I was ready to eat my words about waterless coolant when I reach a place to pull over.

I popped the hood; both fans were running…WTF!:confused Then I crawled under the front and there in the radiator was somebody’s garbage. I pulled out 4 ice-cream boxes, a handful of tissues and what was left of a plastic carry bag.:mad All I can figure is that it was blown in there while the car was parked, (the wind always blows 20+MPH here), after pulling this crap out Thunder cooled right down.:)

When I pulled back on the motorway I was jumped by a new M5 that was up for a game. Nice car he stayed with me to 262 KPH – not sure what that is in miles but the post go by really fast. After next toll booth we had a run up to speed and that Beamer was quick! He would have had a stock C4 with no problem…unlucky for him Thunder had a little surprise under the hood.;)

Now I have to take the radiator out and clean the remains of the crap out of the fins.:r

I think that a water based coolant would have boiled over and left me on the side of the road under the same conditions.

SPANISHVETTS said:
I think that a water based coolant would have boiled over and left me on the side of the road under the same conditions.

At 220 deg F? naaaa no way.

Glad to hear it was nothing serious though!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom