Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4 Post Lifts

H

Hunter

Do any of you guys have any 4 post lifts and what is your preference. I am getting confussed at what I see on the internet. As usual for anyone I would like a good lift at a good price. Help!!!

Hunter,
I moved this down into the Corvette Stable's forums there are several threads here about this very subject. I ran a "Search" using Garage Lifts

There are several more too ;)

This is mine, it's made by Autolifters, and it uses cables and pullies with the help of an electric hydraulic pump. There were two power options offered, one that used 110v and the other 220v. I went with the 220v because it has a bit more power and speed. I ordered mine with the optional wheels, so it's capable of being moved even with a car on it, so long as the car is just a couple of feet off the ground. When I moved from my old house to my current, I was able to transport the lift on a low profile car trailer without having to disassemble any part of the lift, thanks again to having the wheel option, and it went really smooth. So far with over a 100 ups and downs I've been very pleased. I also got the tray option which allows you to place a bottle jack on it in order to raise the car off the lift, usually just a few inches, but it comes in handy if you have to remove a wheel while on the lift.

Before I bought it, they sent me a free video, in it they show a forklift running into one of the post with a car on it, I was impressed to say the least, as it continued to hold up the car.

At the time I ordered mine, it was around $ 3500.00 delivered to my door, with all my options.

site1047.jpg

I have a Cytech Double-Park (www.doublepark.net), 110V power unit, with drip trays, jack bridge, caster kit, etc. - very well-engineered and fabricated lift, all powder-coated, not a sharp edge or corner anywhere, use it all the time. Whatever you buy, get the optional aluminum ramps - the standard steel ones are a chore to handle and store. Also had my garage door on that side converted to "high-lift", with the tracks 9" from the 12' ceiling, so I can open the door fully with a car up at full working height (the upper picture was before the door conversion).

200222819931-5-NCRS 6.jpg

DoorLift.JPG

:beer

I went with a superior lift, I've had it for about 2 yrs now no problems yet, A while back there was a thread in the c3 section about a 4 post lift collapse, I think it was one that had hidden latches and they were not totally engaged when it happened.

I have had a "Stinger" four post lift for 3 years. It caused me to quit paying storage fees for my seldom driven 69 Top Flight. Works fine for me and mama still gets her half of the garage.

Tom Kearns Lenexa, KS (KC suburb)

I have the two post 9000LB. cost 2500.00 delivered to the door. I installed it myself in about 3 hours. Need a 12 ft ceiling though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom