Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40% humidity maintained inside :)

*89x2*

I have my garage down to 40% humidity with the 65pint Maytag model I bought at Home Depot last week - It cost $229.00 plus about $15.00 in 3/4" sch40 pipe to run the water outside, rather than having to empty the bucket every 8 hrs :eek

Garage walls now feel warm & dry - were cool and clamy

The humidity level was VERY high before - This WORKS :)

what part of the USA are you in. here in O=Town we can expect 95% humidity in the summer.i'd probably burn out the motor in a h'fier

robin sweatin' in the DEEP south

Robin7TFour said:
what part of the USA are you in. here in O=Town we can expect 95% humidity in the summer.i'd probably burn out the motor in a h'fier

robin sweatin' in the DEEP south
Mid-Atlantic

Relative humidity is generally between 70-90% in the summer (mostly on the high end of the spectrum)
Once the Dehumidifier gets down to 40%, is cycles on and off to maintain that level :cool
There is also a fan in the unit to circulate the air - for $229, let the motor wear out :upthumbs

I have a dehumidifer in my basement set at 55% and it feels very dry and no moisture presence or damage. In a three level house, I really think the one little unit helps keep the whole house dry. When there is an application, they're great!!

Someone post other unique ways to take care of a CORVETTE.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom