Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary 40th Anniversary Registry

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

Jetjock

Corvette
1991 Black, 1992 ZR-1, 1993 40th ZR-1, 2003 50th
I've been trying to find what happened to 40th Anniversary Registry and I have come up with zero. Did it shut down?

Roy L. Carman
1993 Ruby ZR-1#334

So what does it take to start a registry besides people and data? Now that I am sitting around a lot, I have some time on my hands.

Maybe the museum can answer that question. I'll check my files and see if I received anything from the 40th Anniversary Registry. I did receive some paperwork from the 1LE Registry. I'll check that file to see if f that will help point in the right direction.

Maybe the museum can answer that question. I'll check my files and see if I received anything from the 40th Anniversary Registry. I did receive some paperwork from the 1LE Registry. I'll check that file to see if f that will help point in the right direction.

New : I would also be interested in the 40th registry. I had info a long time ago but not exactly sure where that might be after two moves.

Mr T.

Have a safe move.

Made it back safe with 40th (Ruby) in spite of all the rough roads and bridges that don’t meet the highway !
That hurricane gona affect ya any ?

Thats good to hear. By the time the remnants arrives here its gona be 2-4 in of rain & 50 mph wind gusts.

Registry

I would imagine that in order to get a 40th registry going, it would need to be a sponsored website. I noticed "Dale" did have

one going for a while but it was probably a site owned by him and he may have passed(?)....

It would be great for the "Ruby" community to be able to register their cars and may even help when it comes time to sell,

having another resource for a buyer to check out, as well as just keeping a history of these cars as they move through time.

It would be nice if we could convince GM or even a local Chevy dealer to sponsor one, or better yet, the Corvette Museum.

George
Ruby owner Vin # 06255

The registry has been gone for quite some time. It is correct that Dale owned the registry. One of his biggest goals was to document as many Rubies as possible and turn that info over to the museum. The website and assembly of the data was a lot of work. I think Dale sold his Ruby and lost interest. Someone else owned the domain name for the registry. I had approached him to purchase the domain but his price was unreasonable. Data on Rubies is in the hands of the museum. I just looked on the museums web site but could not find it. Maybe you have to go there? Pictures of the Ruby Reunion April 2000. My first "Corvette" event!
IMG_8274.jpg

Hi, I'm new to these forums and saw this thread. I had a 40th Convertible #777 but sold it many years ago. I was a member of the 40th Anniversary Registry at that time. Over the years I noticed the Registry website disappeared. I miss my Ruby and started looking again but for a coupe this time and may have found one.

I may be able to add to the Registry search.
I found this Registry event page:
It shows the name "Dale A Gray of Middleburg, VA" there is a email address of zqqmin@tidalwave.net. I sent an email yesterday. It didn't bounce back, but I didn't get a reply.
I did some additional searches on the Registry and found this update on:
"40th Anniversary Corvette Registry
PO Box 1094
Middleburg, VA 20118
Zqqmin@tidalwave.net
www.40thregistry.com"

Seeing this I remember that Keith Boi was helping Dale with the Registry and might have even taken it over.
I'll keep looking,
John Morgan
Southport, NC

Update: The email I sent to Dale Gray came back as not valid. I contacted the Corvette Museum and emailed:
Leah W. Craig, Manager of Collections and Educational Programming
National Corvette Museum
She sent back:

"
Hi Mr. Morgan, Betty Hardison, Library & Archives Coordinator says this:
There was a 40th Anniversary Registry and once the information was gathered Keith was going to share it with the museum. This never happened. Keith and his wife, Kathy, are lifetime members of the museum and Dale Gray is also a lifetime member."
I asked if she could email Keith and give him my mail address which she said she would do but I have not heard anything yet.
John
PS: Something else I remembered about Dale Gray, he was a pilot for United Airlines.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom