Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

427 Hood

Marlar

Corvette
1965 Nassau Blue & 2006 VY Z06
I will shortly order a '67 427 BB hood for my '65. I am having the paint switched back to what it came from the factory, Nassau blue. I have searched and can not find a set of chromed male hood locks. Can someone kindly steer me to a vendor? Although Paragon seems to have chromed hood hinges, they do not list the male hood locks. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Interesting. Either everyone uses the "other" forum or no one here has information about my question. :eyerole I posted the same question both places.

Sorry. Maybe some of us have lives. :eyerole

Paragon #7771 - custom chrome male hood latches. But I gave you that info two days ago elsewhere. Are they out of stock?

paul67 said:
Paragon #7771 - custom chrome male hood latches. But I gave you that info two days ago elsewhere. Are they out of stock?

Paul

Thanks again. I have ordered them and unless they are not a normal item, it will be 4-6 weeks to arrive. I also found that Paragon has chromed hood hinges as well. You may have noticed that I was "chrome deprived" as a kid. For whatever reason, the Paragon web site did not show those hood latches until I used the part number you kindly supplied.

:rotfl

paul67 said:
Most chrome parts come from a company called ChromeCo. I doubt that Paragon (focussed on restoration) keeps a large stock hence your waiting period.

http://www.chromeco.com/

Thanks, Paul. I bookmarked ChromeCo. It appears that they deal thru other companies and Paragon must be a minor player for them. Unfortunately, I had already placed an order, but since the BB hodd will be 8 to 10 weeks in arriving, no real harm has occurred. I appreciate the information for future use.

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom