Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th logo on all 03 Corvettes

R

Rick Daniel

Dont know if this has been put up here or not but this is a pix of the 50th logo that will be on the Ft. and rear of all 03 Corvettes.

50TH_LOGO_ON_RED_Z.jpg

I read on another website that all '03 models will also have the anniversary logo on the spedo. Do you know if that includes the Z06?

I looked on Sat. and no it is not on the guages of a 03 Z06. :)

Several members of our Dothan Circle City Corvette Club were in Bowling Green last week and we went through the factory, (with Sonny Kilgo). Yes indeed all 03s have the 50th logo on the front and rear in place of the normal C5 logo. In my opinion, Corvette really dropped the ball on the logo, it looks very cheap, it is not chrome like the 40th logo, instead it is light gray metallic plastic. The paint scheme looks good, and the interior looks good... notice I didn't use the words "great" or "fantastic" but it is tastful with the exception of that darn logo. There just happened to be a black 03 ZO6 pulled off to the side to have the windshield replaced, so we were able to get a close up of the logo and the rest of the car. No changes to the interior that I could see, but that logo kept bothering me, IMHO it really looked out of place on the Black car, the Electron blue and the Red. On all the rest it was ... OK. JMHO for what it's worth.
vettepilot

The emblems definitely look cheap... give me a break chevrolet! Have they forgotten everything nice they have ever done? I still think the 50th ann. Vette is nothing more than a marketing study for GM at this point... I can hear the GM execs talking "Let's make it plain, kinda ugly, cheap looking... BUT, let's make sure it is loaded with high cost options so we make a ton of money off this thing! Any special edition Corvette will sell no matter what it looks like or how cheap it is! you'll see!"

And guess what, it will sell, and they will make a ton off of it!

Hi You All,
Hope you're wearing flame retardant suits. I belive the badges are just enough. Maybe also on the front fenders for all '03. Cheap, plastic, ok. But please do the math. It's the 50th model year. Things don't get any m,ore special than that. For us po' folk this is -the- vette to buy. Flame off.

Lets go back in time and listen to what everyone was saying about the 25th Anniversary in 1978. I bet most were saying the same thing then. How many of you were blown away by the 40th in 1996. GM has just never been real big on Anniversary cars. :( The 50th is no diff. For people like myself it is still a Corvette, an American Automotive Icon no matter what. The brand name Corvette is the longest running model in history. It is now and will forever be " The only Sports Car that matters ". Save the wave. :)

Check out the new Sprial Grey with the logo.

spiral_grey1.jpg

Rick Daniel said:
....blown away by the 40th in 1996. GM has just never been real big on Anniversary cars.....

I wasn't blown away by the 40th in 1996 either? (LOL, I know it was just a typo) anyway, I like the '93 40th... ruby red, afterall, the 40th is the ruby ann.... 35th ann. was all white, very classy looking, I think the 88 ann cars are awesome... 25th ann. is the silver anniversary... silver car!... (I am sure chevy would have spent more time on it if the Pace Car wasn't such a big deal in '78., BUT, the 78 was, and still is a very classy car that fits the anniversary it was intended for)

The 50th doesn't fit anything.. yes, it is classy, but it doesn't say 50th at all... The emblems are silver, the car is red. The interior looks pretty cool, because they finally lost the black plastic look, but Chevy intends to do that for all vettes in the future if it works out on the 50th...

BTW, I like the silver emblem on the spiral grey car, that actually looks good.

Hey - A Vette is A Vette :upthumbs

The Logo looks good 2 me, but I liked the color on the 50th Anniversary when I viewed it a few weeks ago during the 50th Motorama.

As an electrical engineer, I understand trying to control cost in a super inflationary market. It's not called cheap today, it's called valued engineering! You've got to keep the cost down when and where-ever you can.

Again - A Vette is A Vette and personally I'd take mine @ a maintained price as long as it has plenty of horses under it's hood :_rock

Dear 6 Shooter,
I roger all that. I am picking up my Electron Blue 2003. Just like Neo in the movie The Matrix,"Whoa.."

Me too.

I feel that the anniversary vettes have been treated as an afterthought.
I personally feel they could have had a little more difference from the standard models, a little more "Ooomph" in some way. I'd like to see AT LEAST ONE anniversary that is the first in a new model design.
I have no complaints about the colors they have chosen to represent their anniversaries. I've liked them all.
Silver

Now your thought on the new design being introduced during an anniversary year is one that I was thinking of back in 1993. In fact the original plan from what I have read was to introduce the C5 in 93, but things didn't work out that way. Maybe somebody from GM will read your post and think strongly about the next 50 years. Introducing the new Cx on an anniversary year would probably prove to be one of the most memorable models.
vettepilot

1998 was the first year of the convertible again, that sorta counts.... The '84 sorta counts too, because it came out in '83 really...

To 6 Shooter,
Auto, I'm getting too old for manual. I should be p/up Mon. Can't wait.

Dropped the ball...again

I guess you could say that I own a 30th anniversary car since it was made in 1983, but in all reality it is just the first year of the C4. I can see why GM doesn't want to start a new generation with an anniversary car. There is just too much to correct on a new generation and let's face it...the new generation if going to sell just because it is new.

I don't hate the 50th, but like most of you believe that GM could/should have done better. What is the 50th anniversary? A golden anniversary, right? What does GM do for the golden anniversary of their flagship car? Put a slight gold tint on the rims (and I DO mean slight). How about a golden car. It couldn't look any worse than their yellow (sorry yellow guys).
--Drew:w

2003 vette

will there be any Lingenfelter corvettes manufactured for the 50 year anniversary, i am looking at a Yellow 2002 C5 Lingenfelter right now on the net, but am interested in 2003, i have a 2002 C5 already, but need the 800 hp from the C5 Lingenfelter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom