Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

53 Corvette #29 (x2?)

SebringBill

Corvette
1957 #3143; 1997 #0993
So does anyone else but me have a problem with re-stamped items (those items being stamped with numbers that were originally on a different item)?

People stand up and say it is just for the owner's pleasure and to represent how it "would have looked" from the factory. I say B/S.

Rich:beer

Very interesting. Pick a number that doesn't seem to exist any more and build a car around a repop vin plate. Worked out fine until the real #029 came along. I think it's rather funny.

Tom

Very interesting. Pick a number that doesn't seem to exist any more and build a car around a repop vin plate. Worked out fine until the real #029 came along. I think it's rather funny.

Tom
;LOL;LOL

Looks like someone went go to great lengths to avoid a state issued vin and they got bit.:chuckle

All of those threads at corvette forum got closed kinda quick because the guy that has the fake car is on the website and complained about those threads

Seems new owner is going to the police and is going to press charges against guy that says he has #29 car;LOL:boogie

So what kind of jail time does someone get for fraud like this??

And yet, the admin/mods on this forum don't seem to mind. Exactly why I prefer this place (and why Garage Depot got my MHL thread)!

Tom, thank you!

I still am interested in the hobby and don't want to read that all 326 of the original 300 1953 Corvettes have been found (less the one I know John Hinckley destroyed, of course):rotfl like all 45 of the original 20 1967 L-88s.

FWIW, the 029 in Florida has title work back to the early 60s, maybe even late 50s. This is a 2-owner car.

Tom

Sounds like good cause to change the CAC 1953 Corvette Registry info, pertaining to #029 and ownership.

I still am interested in the hobby and don't want to read that all 326 of the original 300 1953 Corvettes have been found (less the one I know John Hinckley destroyed, of course):rotfl like all 45 of the original 20 1967 L-88s.

Don't forget that they found the real Motorama car, too.

Don't forget that they found the real Motorama car, too.

You don't wanna get me started with those shuysters. I have better proof about them!

Interesting read on EX122. :w I hope we hear how and what the owner of the real 29 car ends up doing to protect his investment.
It should be important to all owners to see what the future holds for made up cars.

Do we know who owns the fake car , who restored it and has it been judged ? :confused

Gary

Hey, this is gettin' fun! From CF today:

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:

Mod callout after question was answered by pm
Date the ban will be lifted: 10-10-2009, 08:00 AM​

I PMd 2 different mods (each closed a different thread) and only one responded. I guess one outta two ain't bad.

Hey, this is gettin' fun! From CF today:

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Mod callout after question was answered by pm
Date the ban will be lifted: 10-10-2009, 08:00 AM

I PMd 2 different mods (each closed a different thread) and only one responded. I guess one outt2 ain't bad.

How about www.1954corvairfrauds.com :boogie

Do we know who owns the fake car , who restored it and has it been judged ? :confused

Gary

The owner's info is in the CAC 1953 Registry.

WOW, does he own it also and has it been judged ? :eek:wned

Gary :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom