Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

58 Corvette barn find

Sorry, new to the forum. Maybe I should have posted in the discussion;shrug

Hi Ken! Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

If I may make a suggestion, why don't you let me move this to the C1-C2 General Forum and edit your title to indicate you're seeking advice?

Hopefully that would draw more attention.

:wJane Ann

I agree with Jane Ann, post in C1-C2 section and get their expert advice. Personally, I would think twice (or more) before buying it. If you look at First Gears posts on his C1 restoration, and all the problems, you might get an idea of what to expect. On the other hand, it could be the perfect project car for you. And if you are correct, an additonal $20-25K in expenses, not including time, would put the car in the $50 K range, with parts that are not original unless you scrap the ones the seller has, and secure the correct ones. Also, you should check the NCRS posts to find out what is required. You don't want to do this after you buy the corvette. 1958 was a unique year with the louvered hood and twin chrome strips, the first year of dual headlights, different dash arrangement, etc. Just my thoughts. And, welcome to the CAC. As Jane Ann always says, you will find a wealth of information here.
Barrett

Thank you for the input. I'll start another thread in the general discussion. I do agree that this may be too much to take on, but would be a nice project.

Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom