Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need help on a 58 "Barn Find"

kens64

Corvette
64 Coupe
I found this ad for a 1958 barn find for an asking price of $25,000

http://dm-exotics.com/index.php?opti...d=88&Itemid=33

What I'm trying to decide is if this is a project worth tackling. I figure it would take an additional $20-25k to restore this car. Is that pretty close?

And by the time I have 50k into it, couldn't I just buy another 58 that is in just as good of shape as this one would be after its restored? On the other hand, it might be a fun project for me.

Any advice out there? ;help

Yes you could buy a very nice car for $50,000. Not a top flight show car but a nice driver one none the less. At todays prices I think that you would be on a tight budget to finish this car right for 50k total investment. You need to think about what you can do and what you would have to pay to have done.

You are looking at a multi year project if you do it yourself or a high dollar investment if you just drop it off at a restoration shop and mail checks. Do you have the room to invest in a car that's disassembled or will it pose major problems if it takes a while to finish?

On the other hand if you have the room, time, talent and can set aside a reasonable budget to keep the job moving this looks like a good find. If you want to be in a solid axle next summer driving and enjoying then I'd keep looking.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I think I'm beginning to see the light. everyone I talk to thinks i should stay away from this one. I would have much less headache if I just keep looking even for a nice driver that I could still enjoy while I'm doing small improvements. And having the room is another issue that I would have to deal with also.

Guess I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the advice.

Ken

No problem. Glad to help.

As an add on to what Tom has said, I see nothing in the ad to suggest anything special about the car except it is a 58 Corvette. No special engine, brakes, transmission, in fact, wrong engine and transmission.

This is the wrong car with the wrong price.

Just my opinion.

Verle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom