Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

6 Speed Leather Boot Loose

L

LOU96LT4

The 4 screws holding the leather boot in place are all loose. Is there any easy way for a mechanically challenged vette owner to get to them??

Welcome to the CACC Lou. It's always nice to have another LT4 owner around.:D

As for the boot. I think you can just pop off the sift pattern plate and there is a bolt under that that you can tweak to tighten it up. Hope this helps.

Jason

Welcome to the CAC:D I think Jason's got it. Try that and let know if it works!

Jay

Thanks, Jay and Jason.

When I said mechanically challenged, I did not mean somewhat, more like totally. In any case, the only shift pattern is on the gear shift itself. The screws that are loose( other than the ones in my head) appear to screw into the bottom of the console, so it would seem some how I need to lift the console or some part thereof to get to them.

Thanks again, look forward to this web site, best I have seen for vette nuts.

Ok, I was thinking of the wrong end of the stick.:) In that case I think Len has given you the correct info.

Jason

If you open your center glove box, there should be 2 screws that go in sideways for the section with the shift boot cut out. I believe there are 1 or 2 screws underneath the ashtray, and then 2 screws in the front of the piece, underneath the plastic part holding in the stereo......try that and see if it works. I recommend a magnetic phillips screwdriver so you don't lose any screws :)

Jay

Thanks for all your help. As soon as the temperature here in Colorado gets above freezing, I'll see if I can get it done without making things worse(which is normal for me).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom