Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

61/62 what is a fair price

one sold yesterday for $36500

Toy4Hal said:
Well, gentlemen and ladies, if you think your going to find a "good running" 61/62 out there for under 40k, I want to join you in your choice of smoke or alcohol! It must be good stuff!

I did the "under 30k" puchase a year ago. And she was/is sweet! But now she really runs: after I raised the investment to 45k.

I didn't do anything special. But she needed a motor (about 4k); she needed a roof (any roof) another 3 -4 K. Then a bunch of "stuff' like front end rebuild, and many other things like heater, audio, etc., etc., etc.

Now, don't get me wrong: I think I got a deal! I have had a great time getting her to where she is today. A great trip. I would not sell her for any price! But the days of getting something like what Herb described at the start of this chain for under 30k, under 40K, are gone.

Hal you are so correct. A very knowledgeable Corvette collecter just bought a 62, fawn beige, fawn interior 100% original 340hp car in Central California for $36500. It is a hardtop only, and the original engine was replaced two months after the car was sold under warantee. Shows 89000+ miles, split front seat, very worn original carpet, faded and chipped original paint. Runs and drives.......but needs the $10000 tune up. Yes, these old cars are out of control cost wise, but finally are good investments.

My cheap ebay 61

Bought her after flying cross country to see the car in Riverside. Paid less than 30k.... guy just wanted to get rid of her. Go figure.

Ground up 340hp silver/black for $55000!

A nice no hit Southern California rust free ORIGINAL motor/ trans 340hp with fresh silver paint, chrome and interior just sold for $55000. Values are up considerably from last year.

Good Corvettes will always sell for good money. They always have, even in bad times.

Like This?

1962 Vette, serial # 107512

Black FI # 107512

Just to show there is no doubt about it`s authenticity.:D
4104350_window-med.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom