Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

63 Restro - Dirtiest Job ever....

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
Well, today I finished the gas tank install, and put back the tire tub. I found an original 63 tub and restored it, needed some glass work around the edges, and found the trick on painting without painting over the white hairs...got it down perfect, the tub looks new.

OK the dirtiest job, removing all the black paint on the bottom of the floor boards. I did some of it last year when I had the rear end out, but this time did the floor boards all the way to the fire wall. Again under the blower I found the build number 545 under the black paint written with a green crayon. So I photographed that too. But it is ugly removing the paint while on your back, smelling thinner etc. But its done. even up in the drive train tunnel....it looks brand new... What I discovered, the person who did this oversprayed silver paint from one of the many previous paint jobs and just painted the entire bottom black....Finally after two years of just restoring the chassis and frame area....all is gone and all looks factory fresh...

Hard work but good feeling.....no I am going to hit the shower and go to bed....:)

Collin are you sure on the #545? I am almost positive numbers went to 500 and then reverted back to 001 and went up on our 1963's

Thanks for the catch....its number 454....dah...guess I was tired from removing paint....Thanks Rick for the pick up.

otay - don't remember my "job number" - but during the resto of "LADY", we found it in the same places you have mentioned - we also found "Z06" in several places! so, we were real excited about that!

That's cool...I did find the same number on the passengers door of the car, but the drivers door was replaced somewhere during its history. So I had the number 454 in three places..green crayon. Hey Rick, just sworn in today as a Government Employee...US Customs, DHS.... Feels good not to have to worry for contract to end...

I have found the job number in a few places including the right head.

Ray
63_head_464.jpg

Hi! Collin

How did you address the under front fender area of the parking lights. Was there any black-out or undercoating?

Thanks Ray

c5vetter said:
Collin are you sure on the #545? I am almost positive numbers went to 500 and then reverted back to 001 and went up on our 1963's

Man...You can't slip noth-en past old Tricky Rick...:L ...Ahhh..yeah ..I new that..:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom