Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'65 fuelie unit info

Silverfox1

Corvette
1995 Red ZR-1
I'm looking at a '65 fuelie to buy & the Rochester tag on driver side of plenum shows Serial # 1011, Part # 7017380 R. The tag looks like it was made yesterday, it's that perfect. I believe the "R" means "recalibrated" & I know the part # is period correct. What's the deal with the "R?" The VIN # is 194675S110016.

Will Rochester "remake" a new tag, like if you turn the old one in? I'm a little suspicious of this, but the car runs like a bat outta hell.

Any help appreciated.

Thx:w

Silverfox....I'm hoping JohnZ stops by here and looks at this thread, I'm pretty sure if anyone can answer your question, he can.

I sent JohnZ a private message asking him to check in here, hopefully he will soon.

I doubt that Rochester would supply a new tag but I'd bet that one of the top Rochester FI restorers in the US can. What does the seller have to say about it?

Tom

p.s. Here you go. Jack Podell

Rochester hasn't existed for decades, but there are several sources for reproduction ID plates for F.I. units. I don't have a '65 JG for the details, so I don't know if a 4800R unit existed then or not. Jack Podell, John DeGregory, or Jerry Bramlett would, though. :thumb

I have seen 7375 R injectors on early 64 cars.
I have never see a 7380 R injector.
That is not to say they don't exist, but if so they must be pretty rare.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for stepping in here and shedding some light on the matter. :thumb

:w

I have seen 7375 R injectors on early 64 cars.
I have never see a 7380 R injector.
That is not to say they don't exist, but if so they must be pretty rare.

The tag is a bad repop. There is no 7380R injector.

'63 models used the 7375

Early '64 models used a 7375 that was slightly modified to accomadate the lower vacuum of the 30-30 camshaft. These units are identified on the tag as 7375R.

Late '64 and all '65 cars used the 7380 FI unit.

If it runs well, I wouldn't worry myself about the tag. They're readily available with whatever information you want on it.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom