Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'66 vert question

AdvancedAutoCC

Corvette
'96 coupe (Torch Red), '85 4+3 coupe (flat black)
Hey guys...
I've got a 66 convertible in the shop and I've got a question for the midyear experts.

On the doors and in the doorjambs there are holes for what I assume to be door guides similar to the guides on C4s. There are three holes on the door, one of which is also for the weatherstrip retainer and two holes in the doorjamb. Are these unique to convertible, or are they also on coupes? I don't recall seeing them on the 63 SWC I had in here a couple of weeks ago, so I'm to assume they're for 66-67? Can anybody help?

Thanks to any and all who reply. :)

Yes, those are for door wedge plates that go on the door and on the pillar; metal wedges go on the door, and plastic ones on the pillar. Long Island Corvette Supply has both wedges, the screws, and shims. They're only used on convertibles - coupes didn't have them.
:beer

I always wondered myself about those holes but never got around to find out what they were used for. I wonder if this will help my driver's door problem I've been having for a long time (doesn't seal right). Time to get my LICS catalog out.

Thanks,

John,
Thanks for the info... got a set coming, and (once again), I'm the customers hero :D
I love this place!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom