Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 72 corvette color descisions

My friend picked up his 08 Jet-stream Blue from the Corvette Museum in November. Its beautiful.
However, its a $750.00 up charge. So I'm sure the color doesn't come without a hefty price per gallon.
I have another friend who's 1970 Corvette is another gorgeous blue - Musaine? Blue. I'm probably off with
the correct spelling, but its a color worth checking out.

My friend picked up his 08 Jet-stream Blue from the Corvette Museum in November. Its beautiful.
However, its a $750.00 up charge. So I'm sure the color doesn't come without a hefty price per gallon.
I have another friend who's 1970 Corvette is another gorgeous blue - Musaine? Blue. I'm probably off with
the correct spelling, but its a color worth checking out.

Thanks for the tip.

I have seen some white cars in your year that are very sharp, however I prefer the red from the 2007 Jags.

70CHART.jpg

Mulsanne Blue. Graphic isn't the best quality, but gives an approximation. It's a much better looking color in the sunlight than it is here.

;)

I like the Bridgehampton blue the best out of these colors, but I also love Laguna Gray. I don't know why so many Laguna Gray owners repaint a different color.

Greetings!
My friend (Battjke) who has the 70' Mulssane Blue is a member of the forum.
Contact him for pics of his car. I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
Take it from me, its stunning! Its not your typical blue.

If I were to describe it, a medium to bright blue.
A mixture of old and new - Jet stream blue, LeMans Blue and Marina Blue,
from the midyear era. Marina blue would be second favorite. A touch deeper
than the Mulssane blue. Very rich. Either would be an excellent choice.
Search Yahoo or Google for Corvettes in those colors.

Rudy

I am picking up my first corvette (1972) and I am up in the air with what color to paint the car. I love black but it is too high maintanence of a color. Any suggestions?????
Here's the reality of the situation. Black is high maintenance only if you aren't going to be obsessing over the car on a daily basis.
You will be doing just that after it's painted. The color won't matter. You'll be out there everyday looking it over with that "WOW...Awesome!" look that we all have after getting our cars painted. Black, gray, blue, red, purple, whatever. If you like black, then go with it 'cause you'll be cleaning no more or less than you'll be cleaning any other color.

It's real simple maintenance actually. Once the car has been painted and done it's 90 day curing cycle, it can be waxed. From there, just use Mothers Showtime Finish (or Meguiars Quik Detailer) on it before you take it out or at least once per week. All you'll need to do to really clean it is take a California Duster over it and you're back to clean.

You really like black? Go with black!
My personal favorite for the '68-'72s is Mille Miglia Red (preferrably with a white softtop! :cool)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom