Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 LT1, ZR-1 or C5

90 Corvette ZR-1

Corvette
90 Red ZR-1
Yes I know what the answer to this question is before I ask it, so no I don't know why I am asking.
Which car would you pick:
1) ZR-1 not sure of year or color yet, but since I have a 90 already I may look for a 93-95. Prob a 94 or 95 Yellow or Purple car or a admrial blue. All low milage cars. Or I may get a low mile low # 90. Yellow would be nice.

2) a 73 T-Top w/a 70 LT-1 in it. Engine was installed by the dealer when the car was new. I know the guy who has owned it since new. 4 speed 4.11 gears, car will run 12's. Not an NCRS car but would make a damn fine driver and cruzer. Blue car black interior I think. Its been a few months since I saw it. This car has twisted the driveshaft on slicks before. The mechanic said the last car he saw do that to a drive shaft was a big block.

3) or a C5 coupe a nice car for sure, but doesn't really stand out like the others. Sure I could have more fun moding it and not feeling bad, but just missing a Corvette feel to it. Doesn't really excite me. Id have to do too much to it to get it where I want it. So im kinda leaning away from it.

All 3 cars are sticks obviously. The only mods Id HAVE to do to the 73 or the ZR-1 are wheels and tires. Id prob run dr's on the shark and Michlens(sp) on the ZR-1.

As of now its a close race between the ZR-1 (thats a no brainer) and the 73

whatever you go with you can't go wrong its a Vette anyway you look at it.....personally i'd go with 73 since i own a 76, actually i had a choice between 76, 88 or 96 ( althou 96 is was a little over my budget) but went with 76 i just love the look of these cars .......good luck with your decision and hace fun with the car

Kevin, I'm a little biased as I've been intrigued by the ZR-1 since day 1. Like already stated, they're both Corvettes. The good news is you're in a win, win situation. The power is ZR-1 is stunning....I don't think I would be happy with anything else. I'm going to make a copy of this thread in the C3 section to get some other opinions......

Jay

All depends upon what you are going to do with the car.

For a driver, it is the C5, hands down.

Cool Cruiser, the 73.

A long term collectable, the ZR1.

Like I said, all depends on the purpose of the car. :D

tom...

Im looking a quick cruzer that will be driven about 28 miles round trip a few times a week in good weather. The c5 is almost kicked outa the equation now. So im leaning 73 and ZR-1. But im still not sure.

Now by crusing I don't mean freeway crusing. I mean back roads to a local cruse and maybe an occasional trip to the strip. This car has be runing them since new and its fine. So who knows.

My vote goes for the 73 which I feel is the coolest looking shark of all. 4.11's are a stretch for cruising but liveable with 27.4 inch tires like 225/70R15's which alot of sharks use. As a point of reference. With the 225/70R15 tires and 4.11's you'll be turning about 3k at 60mph.

:beer

I edited to include the rpm/mph stat

won't be a problem if like u said u aren't gonna take it on the hiway. Could always adapt a six speed into it. That Lt1 would sing in hi gear at about 150mph. LOL Buy that 73 it is calling your name. :D

I agree the 73`s are great looking.They have the unique body because of the rear chrome bumper and the plastic front end.Their classic.Go with the 73!Have fun either way.

Well im not planing on taking the car on a cross country trip, it would be nice to beable to drive to Carlisle or the NCM and not worry about the motor or getting gas every 15 feet. Some of the cruses are a decent distance away and require high way driving to get there. I may have to take it on a test drive to see.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom