Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 parts for sale

Morris,

First, for the smog pump, try Bill Hodell. I bought mine from him. These are not cheap. They go anywhere between $45 and $60 dollars for the bracket itself. Just make sure that you specify the one for the L81 with the small hole for the pump bushing. The 1982 - 1984/85 had a 1" irregular hole that required a plastic insert, which is no longer available. The bushing is a tempered steel expanding bushing that slides into the hole, and allows the bolt to cinch down the pump.

Bill Hodell is or used to be a Federal Employee, and so perhaps he has retired, but if not, just leave a message, and he will get back to you. :thumb

Hemmings Motor News: Chevrolet Air pollution controls Classified Listings

Also, When you get your replacement pump bracket, make sure that you measure how much gap there is between the top bolt ear and the intake. Often, 0.015" - 0.020" is all it takes to crack that bolt ear. :mad

GerryLP:cool

Morris,

I appologize for not responding, I didn't see your posted question, not sure why it didn't come to my email either. I don't have the bracket any more, you might be able to find one at a corvette salvage yard via the internet.

I know they're pretty hard over on this kind of thing out there, I used to live in So Cal, loved the area, hated the politics!!

81 smog parts

I'm also stuck in the Ca smog BS. I need the following parts to get the garage queen on the road.

Hello,
I saw your thread for the parts on the corvette forum and i am interested in several parts. Some are not listed but I wanted to ask if they are available. These parts are mostly related to the smog system. I read through the posts and am assuming the parts are for a 4 speed.

1. Set of valve covers

2. EFE Pipe assembly - this is a small tube on in the engine compartment passenger side that goes from the heat riser at the header/exhaust pipe connection to the thermal valve in the thermostat housing, with bracket/clamps and bolts

3. AIR catalytic converter pipe with ASM check valve and rubber hose- pipe that goes from the catalytic converter to smog pump air control valve, with bracket/clamps and bolts

4. EGR solenoid - it is mounted to a bracket on the passenger side valve cover near the distributor, white in color

5. Stove elbow - plastic elbow connecting the air cleaner to the driver side flex hose exhaust manifold

Any part would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also stuck in the Ca smog BS. I need the following parts to get the garage queen on the road.

Hello,
I saw your thread for the parts on the corvette forum and i am interested in several parts. Some are not listed but I wanted to ask if they are available. These parts are mostly related to the smog system. I read through the posts and am assuming the parts are for a 4 speed.

1. Set of valve covers

2. EFE Pipe assembly - this is a small tube on in the engine compartment passenger side that goes from the heat riser at the header/exhaust pipe connection to the thermal valve in the thermostat housing, with bracket/clamps and bolts

3. AIR catalytic converter pipe with ASM check valve and rubber hose- pipe that goes from the catalytic converter to smog pump air control valve, with bracket/clamps and bolts

4. EGR solenoid - it is mounted to a bracket on the passenger side valve cover near the distributor, white in color

5. Stove elbow - plastic elbow connecting the air cleaner to the driver side flex hose exhaust manifold

Any part would be greatly appreciated.

I have a set of valve covers and the air pipe, and a complete air cleaner, but the other smog parts have been sold. Sorry. PM me if your still interested. I'm currently out of town however and may not be able to respond right away.

Air Pump from 1982

I am not a mechanic but.. If you could locate the "adapter" referenced earilier in this thread, I have all of this off a mint 82

Hey Guys;
I had posted a bunch of stuff for sale over a year ago, a lot of it never went.
I'm not sure about specific differences between 81 & 82's but FYI I have...
- 85 Amp Alternator $50.00
- Upper Alternator Brackets & Belt Guide $10.00
- Lower Alternator Bracket (rare Lg Size) $20.00
- Exhaust Front Y pipe w/cat $75.00
- Exhaust Rear Y pipe w/ mufflers $100.00
- Exhaust Mailfolds (pair) $100.00
- Aip Pump $50.00
- Stock Water Pump$50.00

All this stuff can off a 27,000 mile Garage Queen, when I did my mods.

FYI I'm in CT.(06473) and each of the exhaust "units" ways 45lbs.

Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom