Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86 Vette not running

Pulled the valve cover to verify no 1 at tdc. crank at no. 1 dist. at no. 1.
Have compression on all cylinders. Code 12, spark is blue in bypass mode, noid light blinks
Had control module tested at Auto Zone, had AZ test mod 5 times to prove unit. passed. pick up coil is new and passes testing.Injectors are new. am now going to the egr valve. Theory ? Stuck valve and or not seated, allowing positive pressure in the plenum. Noticed vapors or smoke emiting and slight outword pressure at the intake end .
I refuse to give up I refuse to give up I refuse to give up. This has been them most challenging vehicle I have ever come across. replaced spark control
thanks for the input
Earl

ps 150 lbs compression

Can not keep the engine running long enough to check anything
thanks

Earl

Can not keep the engine running long enough to check anything
thanks

Earl

Hang in there Earl, a member of this forum is sure to come to the rescue. They have helped me out many times.

check the injectors

Ohm test the injectors, if the test electrically ok, try a fuel pressure drop test. Watch the pressure as you fire the injector. You can have all the noid light flash in the world, but that does'nt mean the injector is actually opening.

Ron Kane
Benchmark Corvette Service
Bloomington Gold Restoration Workshop Instructor

Injectors are firing, pulled plugs, wet with gas, res. readings normal

thanks
Earl

Have you checked for plugged exhaust maybe a bad converter.

Ohm test the injectors, if the test electrically ok, try a fuel pressure drop test. Watch the pressure as you fire the injector. You can have all the noid light flash in the world, but that does'nt mean the injector is actually opening.

Ron Kane
Benchmark Corvette Service
Bloomington Gold Restoration Workshop Instructor

pressure is steady

I have same problem

I have an 85 that is doing the exact same thing... have replaced fuel pump, ecm, fuel pump relay, iac; also not long ago the cap/plugs/wires/ignition module/and coil pack was replaced. Im having mine taken to a shop and put on a computer today and hopefully i can get us both an answer....have you checked the fusable link between the battery and ecm? Ive been told that can be a prob.

Replaced one fusible link and a lot of other parts.
anxious to here what the garage has to say.

thanks
Earl

They are going to be looking at it this afternoon or tomorrow morning...its already been towed there. I will post as soon as I know.

mine has two probs....the new fuel pump i put in did not have enough pressure so they replaced it and there was a bad wire on the back side of the distributor...he says it will be ready to be picked up...i will believe it when i am driving it..LOL

ok..that solved it!!! Mine runs great! The main prob was the wire on the distributor was only get electric part of the time...added in with the pump and problem solved...wish i would have taken it there first!LOL

ok..that solved it!!! Mine runs great! The main prob was the wire on the distributor was only get electric part of the time...added in with the pump and problem solved...wish i would have taken it there first!LOL

there is a 4 wire harness on the back side of the dist. that goes from the ignition module to a connector within 12 -14 inches of the dist. was that the one for your problem? I put a 12 volt load test on mine and it tested fine.

yes one of those wires was shorting....are your grounds all good?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom