Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'91 Intermitent Click on Clutch Pedal

rkew

Corvette
Roman Red '62 and Competition Yellow '91 Coupe
A few months ago I replaced the clutch in my '91 and all associated components (new dual mass flywheel, new clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing, clutch slave, clutch master cylinder, braided line between the master cylinder and slave, etc.) and everything is working great except I'm getting an annoying, intermittent clicking feel at the top and bottom of my clutch pedal travel. In other words, a slight pop/click can be felt when I begin to depress the pedal and when I get to the bottom of the stroke (most of the time, but not all of the time).

Any thoughts? I'm almost positive I properly tightened the master clyinder to the firewall but I haven't re-checked it yet. Maybe the cotter pin on the clutch pedal pivot shaft (under the dash) is hitting something.???

I think (and I'm hoping) it's something relatively simple under/around the dash. Is there any chance the pop is occurring down below (clutch fork pivot ball or something) and the pop is being transmitted back to the pedal via the hydrualic fluid?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom