Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'92 ZR-1 Oil Temp Gauge Help

Illiad

Corvette
1973 Coupe & 1992 ZR-1
My 1992 ZR-1's analog oil temperature gauge does not work. The digital gauge does work though. Does anybody know if one or two sensors are used? Does anybody have a part number for the sensor?

I don't believe my 91 has a digital oil temperture gauge only the analog one. If I have one please let me know where it's at.

Illiad said:
My 1992 ZR-1's analog oil temperature gauge does not work. The digital gauge does work though. Does anybody know if one or two sensors are used? Does anybody have a part number for the sensor?

There is one sensor used which is located downstream from the oil pressure sending unit. I'm not exactly sure where on the engine it is and I can't find a diagram of it in any of the literature I have. The part number that I have for the sensor is 10096181, however I suggest you bring it to a qualified service technician to have the problem properly diagnosed first.

vettl83 said:
I don't believe my 91 has a digital oil temperture gauge only the analog one. If I have one please let me know where it's at.

Unfortunately they didn't start the digital readouts till '92

Jay

Hi Rob,

I ordered a new oil temp sending unit from GM Parts Direct for $10 + 7 shipping. It solved the problem, thanks for providing me with the part number and your expert advice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom