Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'92 ZR1 for 10k?

andrew12159

I came across a '92 Burg. ZR1 for just under 10k. Not sure of miles yet but its a 6 speed and appears to be a zr1 although I have not seen it in person yet. The owner says it runs great but is idling high(1800 rpm's) and the leather seat(drivers) needs help also it has a few paint issues. He states it runs great and has a clean title not salvage. Anyone know what the high idle problem is? I know this is a great price but if its a low compression problem or something similar it becomes not such a good deal. It looks good in the pic he sent me.

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I came across a '92 Burg. ZR1 for just under 10k. Not sure of miles yet but its a 6 speed and appears to be a zr1 although I have not seen it in person yet. The owner says it runs great but is idling high(1800 rpm's) and the leather seat(drivers) needs help also it has a few paint issues. He states it runs great and has a clean title not salvage. Anyone know what the high idle problem is? I know this is a great price but if its a low compression problem or something similar it becomes not such a good deal. It looks good in the pic he sent me.
If it was me personally, I'd probably pull the throttle body apart, clean it out - the throttle plates etc, and I would either clean or just simply replace the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve.

10K seems kind of low. It may look like a ZR-1, but the only way to confirm is the VIN and lifting the hood. There's no mistaking an LT5 engine.

Keep us posted!

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
I'd probably pull the throttle body apart, clean it out - the throttle plates etc
That's a good way to cause a high idle. :) If you clean the dag off the secondary TB bores, they will probably leak and cause a high idle. Cleaning the TBs on these cars seems unnecessary and seems to cause problems. :beer

SPANISHVETTS

Corvette
before 60,63&82 now 90 383 Stroker & 91 ZR1-Sold
:confusedA 92 Z for 10K is unheard of! I have seen wrecked/chassis bent ZR-1s go for more than that on this of the pond.

I Sold my 91 for over $25K and the engine had been messed with by Jeal, which is why I sold it. Can we say high $$$ overhaul on the horizon?

Anyway any Drivable ZR1 is worth a lot more than $10K.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom