Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'92 ZR1 for 10k?

andrew12159

I came across a '92 Burg. ZR1 for just under 10k. Not sure of miles yet but its a 6 speed and appears to be a zr1 although I have not seen it in person yet. The owner says it runs great but is idling high(1800 rpm's) and the leather seat(drivers) needs help also it has a few paint issues. He states it runs great and has a clean title not salvage. Anyone know what the high idle problem is? I know this is a great price but if its a low compression problem or something similar it becomes not such a good deal. It looks good in the pic he sent me.

I came across a '92 Burg. ZR1 for just under 10k. Not sure of miles yet but its a 6 speed and appears to be a zr1 although I have not seen it in person yet. The owner says it runs great but is idling high(1800 rpm's) and the leather seat(drivers) needs help also it has a few paint issues. He states it runs great and has a clean title not salvage. Anyone know what the high idle problem is? I know this is a great price but if its a low compression problem or something similar it becomes not such a good deal. It looks good in the pic he sent me.
If it was me personally, I'd probably pull the throttle body apart, clean it out - the throttle plates etc, and I would either clean or just simply replace the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve.

10K seems kind of low. It may look like a ZR-1, but the only way to confirm is the VIN and lifting the hood. There's no mistaking an LT5 engine.

Keep us posted!

I'd probably pull the throttle body apart, clean it out - the throttle plates etc
That's a good way to cause a high idle. :) If you clean the dag off the secondary TB bores, they will probably leak and cause a high idle. Cleaning the TBs on these cars seems unnecessary and seems to cause problems. :beer

:confusedA 92 Z for 10K is unheard of! I have seen wrecked/chassis bent ZR-1s go for more than that on this of the pond.

I Sold my 91 for over $25K and the engine had been messed with by Jeal, which is why I sold it. Can we say high $$$ overhaul on the horizon?

Anyway any Drivable ZR1 is worth a lot more than $10K.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom