Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 93' LT1 Valve Covers

W

wrenchmantee

I want some new valve covers for my 93' LT1, Not the same old "Chrome or Alumium". I need some help finding some cool ones, Give me some HELP...;help Show me some pics if you got them. Thanks!

Cool ones like what? As in, what do YOU have in mind? Cause you can always have your valve covers painted to match that nifty red exterior paint. ...just a thought.

Found some ProForm GM Performance #141-132 cast alum. w/Chrome finish @ Performance Parts.com

Thanks for answering, I'll post some pics when I get them on!

On my '90 L98 I used a set of Moroso polished aluminum centerbolt style. Had to use a bit longer bolts, the ones supplied were NOT the proper thread. They were a bit taller than the stock ones but not like "tall" valve covers. The one bad thing was I accidentally got some degreaser on one side and it stained/etched the finish. Still several people commented on how good they looked at the Cruisefest in Bowling Green.

:w

I found some & painted the fuel rail covers to match the car, I like it!
2398985877_09102d5c36.jpg

That does look really nice.

Thanks, man it's easy! Dawn dish soap-HOT water- SOS pad & shoot them....Hand details are easy..Model car enamel paint and some small paint brushes. BUT let them dry
really good after.

Do those valve covers create any unwanted noise. I read that the stock covers where designed to be quieter.

I love the look of your engine!! Your giving me some ideas. Thanx!!

I was concerened about the same thing, But I cannot tell any difference! I am very pleased with the final result. I even added another piece that made it look complete, I put a S.S. polished MAP sensor cover.

I was wandering about clearance between altenator and valve cover, they look taller than stock?

Yes, they are 1/4" taller "PLUS" the thicker gaskets. As for alternator clearance...there was NONE! I had to make the cleanance by shaving off some of the rear housing on the alt. It was not hard to do, just took some time. I did not have to cut through the housing, just shave off the thickness. But when I was finished there was enough clearance to pass a wire between the valve covers. If you need some help just e-me! Wrenchmantee

They are in great condition, no leaks or cracks, all screws and cap included.

Yes, they are 1/4" taller "PLUS" the thicker gaskets. As for alternator clearance...there was NONE! I had to make the cleanance by shaving off some of the rear housing on the alt. It was not hard to do, just took some time. I did not have to cut through the housing, just shave off the thickness. But when I was finished there was enough clearance to pass a wire between the valve covers. If you need some help just e-me! Wrenchmantee

I had to do the exact same thing with those covers.

Jake

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom