Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 missing chrome lug nut cover

DanC

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red Coupe
On my last venture out, one of the chrome (over plastic) lug nut caps came up missing.

Searched Mid America Motorworks and looks like they sell them, 20 at a time! $39.99 plus shipping.

They also sell a complete set (21 actually) of stainless lug nut caps for $44.99 + shipping.

It would seem the stainless is the better deal, however, my car has chrome saw blades and I'm wondering if anyone knows if these caps are a close enough match for the wheels??

If they are too dull, can I polish them enough to look OK with chrome wheels?

Any first hand knowledge will be appreciated.

Thanks.

On my last venture out, one of the chrome (over plastic) lug nut caps came up missing.

Searched Mid America Motorworks and looks like they sell them, 20 at a time! $39.99 plus shipping.

They also sell a complete set (21 actually) of stainless lug nut caps for $44.99 + shipping.

It would seem the stainless is the better deal, however, my car has chrome saw blades and I'm wondering if anyone knows if these caps are a close enough match for the wheels??

If they are too dull, can I polish them enough to look OK with chrome wheels?

Any first hand knowledge will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Those caps were used on many different GM vehicles, you may find them from another vendor, or even autozone or other discount auto store. Another idea is to go to AFS or another aftermarket wheel company as they may sell them one at a time.

One last idea is to just change out the lugs themselves and put chrome lugs on... easiest in the long run.

good luck:)

You can polish stainless--but honey, come on! Polishing a little bitty lug nut shiny enough to match chrome!? You could end up yankin yourself bald! Try one of the salvage yards like Dino's Corvette Salvage--they have a website. Your local Vette dealership might even have one they'll let you have. Do an internet search--key words: Corvette Salvage. Try ebay. Heck, I see people on there selling one tire or one rim, surely someone has some chrome lug nuts for sale on the cheap. Try the CAC parts section or one of the other Vette sites. Good luck! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom