Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93E or 93L ???

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
I am going to replace my serpentine belt and when looking, I found that there was a change in the belt mid year. I've noticed the E or L on a couple of other items as well.

How do I know if my Vette is early or late 93? :confused

Thanks,

C4Tom said:
I am going to replace my serpentine belt and when looking, I found that there was a change in the belt mid year. I've noticed the E or L on a couple of other items as well.

How do I know if my Vette is early or late 93? :confused

Thanks,

early '93 had a dual sided ribbed belt; late 93 had the standard looking belt, with the ribs only on one side. just check your current belt to see what it looks like and buy the same one.

Hopefully it is the single sided, because the dual sided ribbed belt is $$$

Vettelt193 said:
early '93 had a dual sided ribbed belt; late 93 had the standard looking belt, with the ribs only on one side. just check your current belt to see what it looks like and buy the same one.

Hopefully it is the single sided, because the dual sided ribbed belt is $$$

Thank you for the information. I do have the single sided belt (93L).

Next problem I've found when searching further, there seems to be 2 different part numbers for mine. This question arose because I bought a belt and tried to install it, it seemed too tight to get it on and I was afraid I was going to snap the tensioner. Does anyone have a known good part number?

Thanks,

KOPBET said:
GM PART # 10230259
CATEGORY: Belts, Engine Drive
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $38.10
OUR PRICE: $19.05 DESCRIPTION: V-BLT single side grooved beltThis belt has the single side grooves and is the 2st design for 92-93 corvettes. (if you need the double side grooves order part number 10186198)

Let me make things worse.... and explain further:

I purchased a Goodyear Gatorback belt from a local AC Delco distributor: Part #4060667(66.7" length). That was the belt that was too tight. I exchanged it for Part # 4060670(67" length) which is a tad bit longer. I haven't attempted to install it yet. Can this belt be cross referenced to the GM part number ???

I wrestled the first belt for a long time...cursed....wrestled it some more...cursed more...then took it back for the exchange. I haven't even attempted this second belt yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong???

I appreciate the help guys.

C4Tom said:
Let me make things worse.... and explain further:

I purchased a Goodyear Gatorback belt from a local AC Delco distributor: Part #4060667(66.7" length). That was the belt that was too tight. I exchanged it for Part # 4060670(67" length) which is a tad bit longer. I haven't attempted to install it yet. Can this belt be cross referenced to the GM part number ???

I wrestled the first belt for a long time...cursed....wrestled it some more...cursed more...then took it back for the exchange. I haven't even attempted this second belt yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong???

I appreciate the help guys.

Sorry i can't really help with the part or cross but i can say if you have to wrestle with it then it's the wrong belt. Your tensioner should rotate all the way and the belt should have plenty of room to fall in to place. There should be no struggle at all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom