Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'95 C4 Courtesy Light Grounding

T

tvalley641

I'm having intermittant problems with my courtesy lights coming on as either door is opened. I've heard that it may be a poor ground in the circuit (fiberglass makes poor ground, dontchaknow!).

Anyone know where that particular circuit grounds? I'm just lazy; I repair electronics, but I just don't have the energy to find the exact source on my own. It does take driving time away.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Lazy like me

Try removing the door pin switches first & cleaning them.

Mike

That was my first thought. Thanks

Vigman -

I appreciate all the help you've offered me since I've been here. I've been trying to return the help to others.

BTW - You may have been reading my inquiries about the intake manifold seals. I'm going to remove the plenum today and have a question. If you can't answer is, do you know who I can address it to?

It is this - I can find nothing in my Chilton's about using Loctite on the manifold bolts. I thought I read somewhere to use that because the aluminum causes a lot of movement and potential loosening of the bolts. Do you know what the experts advise on this?

Ted

I don't like to jump in but I would say no loctite. What I would do is bolt the manifold on, run the engine and re-torque the bolts. Then I'd drive the car for a couple of weeks and re-torque them again.

just my 2 cents.

Rich

RJK -

I don't mind you jumping in.

The bolts I removed had some kind of baked-on gook on them; about 5/8" up each bolt. Kinda looks like hardened Loctite, or something, to me.

Ted

No Loctite!

Permatex NON HARDENING thread seal!

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom