Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 Covette

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
I want anoither Corvette. I had an 85 (POS) and now its in my blood. Just the way driving a Corvette makes you feel!

I want a C6 but obviously can't afford one. A C5 would be okay but I would have to sell my 350Z DD (per ol lady).

I have found a really nice 95 6 speed for a reasonable price with 60K miles on it. The only thing I don't like about C4s is the ridiculusly long front overhang, although I could probably live with it. Should I buy this car as a hobby and how much should I pay for it? What should I look at? Whats an Optispark?

Thanks!
Glide

There are lots questions we need answers for before we can give you a viable value for the 95.

Like what other options are on the car? Do you have maintenance records for this vehicle? What is the general condition of the car, body damage, weatherstripping, glass, interior condition, carpet, seat bolsters, tires, etc.

All these things can add to or take away from the value of the car and can add $$$$$ to what you have to put into it.

What is an Optispark? Well, on LT1 and LT4 engines, the opti is the "distributor". Why is it such an issue with these cars? Well basically the placement of the opti.....it sits directly below the water pump, and is fairly susceptible to damage from engine coolant. Thus the placement isn't the best place for it. The 95 and 96 versions were better than the earlier (92-94), but still have there issues. Lots of posts have been written about the opti, but basically I wouldn't worry too much about it. Keep a close eye on the water pump for seepage and if detected get it changed right away so it doesn't take the opti out. Many people change them both if/when one goes bad because in order to change the opti the w/p must come off first anyway.

What to look for? These are just used cars, but here is a link to a sheet that you can print and take with you so you won't forget something.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/buying.html

With all that said, here is what I would say off the top of my head. A 1995 Coupe(?) with around 60K 6 speed in pretty good shape should bring between 10-15K (location has some to do with price). If there are issues adjust price accordingly.

Interior replacement can get expensive new seat covers can run from
$800-$1500, carpeting can be $600-800, Weatherstripping $600-$1200, Paint jobs can run from $3000-$20000+ (depending on how good a job you want), tires can run from $600-$1500.

I realize that this is not the quick and easy answer you were expecting/hoping for, but it's the best I can do with the information you gave us. Questions? Post them up here and I hope that we can help you out.

Just to give you an idea, I bought a 95 automatic, coupe, glass top with 79,000 miles in Richmond, Va for 10,500 just a few weeks ago. Car is very nice with not a scratch, nick, or ding on it. Needs no work and had new tires. Interior is excellent and the car is totally stock with no mods of any kind.

So, toms94 estimate of between 10-15K is probably as close as any.

Thanks Guys!

I've found a 2000 w/66K for $17000 but its black (and 2 hours away). The 95 is dark green for $12K. Decisions, decisions. So now it's C4 vs C5.

Either way, it's straight to the car wash after I leave my half mile gravel road/driveway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom