Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'95 overheating

Steve95

Corvette
1995 White Corvette
My 1995 Vette started overheating about 2 months ago - has behaved fine prior to this. Mechanics changed the thermostat and 2 sensors - no luck. They said that all roads now point to a problematic PCM. The bit of research I've done to now has never mentioned anything about the cooling system. So before I begin my search for a unit that is no longer manufactured - I thought I'd throw the question out - is it possible? Appears that I'll be dusting off my tools and getting to work. Thanks for any guidance. Regards, Steve Freund

Are you suffering from the HOOVER Effect? I've never encountered a PCM causing over heating. Primary fan should kick on at 228*,Secondary should kick on at 234* or anytime when the AC is running below 45 MPH
(Hoover Effect) Trash blocking air flow to the A/C Core and Radiator. These cars are bottom feeders and suck road da'bre up off the roadway.

Junkie, that was my first thought as well.

These cars will suck it up, Ice Bags, Candy Wrappers, Grass, Leaves, Condom Boxes, Used Condoms, Skunks, Squirrels, I've seen it all LoL!~!!

Last edited:
I will be looking at the same problem with my 90 in the next week or two , is fine going down the road but at slow speeds it over heats quite quickly . I have a manual switch for the fans so I can kick them both in at any time. They run so time to look up between the condenser and radiator.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom