Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 price's dropping????

I have owned a 60, 63 Split, 82, 90 and 93. I will probably pick up a C5 when the right one comes along. As of today I am $$$ ahead for owning Corvettes. I see no reason to hedge my bets when the cards are falling my way.:D

History repeats itself. C4´s are close to the bottom price they will ever see. In a few years you can buy a ragged out C4 for a few thousand or a nice C4 for lots of thousands, Just the same as a C3 today, you will not find many cars in the middle. If your need to have a new ride exceeds your love for your current Vette, it is gona cost you money and somebody else will profit from your hormonal adventure. Vettes are women, you love`m, you hate`m, you wine´m you dine´m but you can never leave´m. :nono

In a very few months of my posting on CAC you folks have found out what an opinionated jerk I am. So here is my C4 opinion.

The C4 is the best production sports car ever built. The C4 is a balance of mussel and brain. Anybody can master the electronics of the C4, the suspension is darn good and easy to make better. The L98 is a hotroder`s play ground, The LT1 only ask to be loved and the LT4 is a Van Gogh with pistons. Covering the powerplant is a clamshell that when opened gives total access to all of the ladies goodies. On the 63 we pull out the padded blankets to protect the paint when we check the oil. Through that tiny hood you can change the air filter, look at the points and not much more. The C5 is back to the small hood opening. Why?

If you are dieing to sell your C4 sell it to me cheep, if you are dieing to buy a C4 mine is not for sale, not yet anyway.

For all of you guys who would kill for the split window, don’t bother, it aint gona happen. When I left the States my best friend insisted on paying me the apprised value. He, unlike me has no concept of money. The lady I spent 5 years restoring now lives in luxury and whenever I get back home He throws me the keys with the words ¨She missed you¨.

:v

spanishvetts

whenever I get back home He throws me the keys with the words ¨She missed you¨.

If you have a 63 split window, I will not only be your best friend but lover and protector of YOUR car. I can say the above with no problem at all, lol.

When I was a youngster my nieghbor had one that he restored, I still remember him spending one summer in the garage painting her with a testor model spray gun, two inches at a time! Thought he was out of his mind.... Best paint job I ever saw.. I think the love of the 63 started when I was 9.

I agree 200%[/B]

the LT4 is a Van Gogh with pistons.

Its' a major pain in the butt when it leaks oil though....

63 split window

Now that was a machine, l would love to have the dinero's to buy one in almost mint condition.

Muy Buen mi espanola amigo.

Via con dios! And l'll take the 63.

HMMMM....the value of my 96 is dropping...that sounds bad.

I still feel that the value of my mutual funds, stocks, and other retirement funds have bottomed out poses a bigger concern.

If the value of my 96 vette bottoms and all my stocks had skyrocketed that's something to celebrate.

My vette has no monetary value for me. It has sentimental value which is priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rich guy up the street came home with a shiny new white/blue 63 coup the same week that I got my first drivers license and guess what? He let me drive it. I swore to my self that day that I would own a Splitwindow. By the time I made enough money to buy one the price had already started to soar.

When we found the Splitwindow it was a basket case, no motor, no nose, wrong wheels, etc. We put her in a U Haul to get her home and spent the next 5 years restoring the lady.

There was no internet back then so we went to car swaps all over the US looking for pieces.

Friends pitched in, I could have never completed the task on my own. Doug Boyce would lend me his airplane to go in search of parts, the engine Guru who supervised the building of the 327 fulie had a stack of trophies and world records stuffed in one corner of his garage, and others helped sand, stitch, polish.

Never a real collectors car because none of the numbers matched and I painted her white and put in blue interior to match my first Vette experience and an air conditioner from a later model but an incredible driver. I drove the car from Atlanta to LA and back in 85 without a single problem. Any body from Atlanta might remember her parked around Landmark drive from 83 to 85.
:pat I am American red, white and blue. I just live in Spain and stick Franco in the Vette to p!$$ off the locals.

96's still going lower!!

Hi

I really cannot believe what l'm seeing but the C4's, not the ZR-1's
or special editions have dropped to the mid teens.
Most dealer's try to ask from the high teens to the mid 20's, which is mad because a high mileage C5 is in the low 20's.

The trade in on the C4's is in the low teens, depending on condition, mileage and the type of tranny.

The year seems unimportant, the price top's out at 16 thou and the one's that really sell, are bet 13-14 thousand and that is a small spread. This for the 92's thru 96's.

l'm going to wait another couple weeks because if the market continues, l might step out for a C5 98, or wait for a 96 gem to service.

Re: 96's still going lower!!

kingman said:
l'm going to wait another couple weeks because if the market continues, l might step out for a C5 98, or wait for a 96 gem to service.

Be careful about waiting much longer.
Thoughts of spring start soon and that means a good $2k price increase once these beasts come out of hybernation !

Spring's coming!

You're probably right Pilot, but right now it seems that nobody wants to part with their bucks, unless it is a steal.

On the other hand, all l want is a mint low mileage 95-96 vette with a fair price.

The right price going private should be between 15-16 thou, if it is comp yellow or torch red.

For some reason the dk green, black rose. admiral blue in that order are bringing the least amount of dollars.

l just realized that l haven't seen a silver one lately!!!!!!!!

I think Spanishvette hit the nail on the head when he said"the ragged out ones are cheap and the well maintained, low miles will be worth more and nothing in between." I also think the LT4, CE, GS, AE, etc, will hold their value better. I could have bought a C5 but chose my 96LT4 and do not regret it. I may own a C5 one day but the only one that would pry me away from mine is a Z06. Having said that ,I do not really approach it as an investment, if I take care of it I believe I will get back what I paid when ever I decide to sell but if I don't so be it. I agree w/ whoever said they wish there stocks were holding up as well as the vette. I told my wife if I had this money in the market it would be gone,at least I have a car to show for it. Guy

c4 prices

I didn't buy America's only true production sports car as a investment. But its nice to know that if it is well maintained, you probably will get a good chunk of money back if you ever sell it. I bought mine for two reasons. I wanted to own and drive it. Plus the fact that since my father worked for Chevy for a zillion yrs, they put the food on my table. I grew up with that brand loyalty. Now I probably will buy a C5 in the next couple of yrs, once the C6 comes out, those C5 prices will drop. My next one will be a rag top. Two reasons why I would buy a C5. I've read that there are 1,500 fewer parts in the C5 compared to the C4. So it would seem less parts to repart or go bad? The suspension on the C5, compared to the way the C4 feels, when you take the targa off would be the second reason.
But remember this - They are all Corvettes. not a souped up Mustang, or a honda civic some kid has put a turbo on.
No - ITS A TRUE BLUE ALL AMERICAN SPORTS CARS.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom