Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'97 Color/ Interior Production...

bbvette

Corvette
1959, 1963, 1967, 1969
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 1997 Coupe and have a question about the color/ interior production information. The color is Light Carmine Red Metallic, and the interior is Firethorn Red.

I know in '97, 381 cars were Light Carmine Red Metallic, and 728 were produced in the Firehtorn Red interior.

However, GM didn't recommended the two combined. I have looked everywhere and can't find any information. Does anyone know how many were produced in the Carmine/ Firethorn combination? Thanks in advance.

Hi, bbvette, and welcome to the :CAC

As I'm guessing you've realized, the CAC's model center can provide you with the final production numbers in '97 of how many Corvettes were produced with the Light Carmine Red exterior, or how many produced with the Firethorn Red interior, but it doesn't coallate both into one list.

Off hand, the only place I'd say you could find information that specific concerning final production numbers would be the National Corvette Museum.

:w
-Patrick

Hi bbvette - welcome to the CAC.

In the 2004 edition of Mike Antonick's Corvette Black Book, there is a section on extrapolation. He defines it as using what you know to guess what you don't.

As Patrick suggested, the NCM may have the information you're searching for, but until then you can extrapolate an answer based on the production figures from the CAC 1997 Model Center spec page.

According to the Model Center figures for 1997, total production was 9752 coupes (including pilot and prototypes).

The number of Firethorn Red interiors produced was 728. That's just under 8 percent of total production.

The number of Light Carmine Red coupes produced was 381. And 8 percent of 381 is 30.48 or rounded off to 31.

This is a ballpark figure at best, but it's an educated estimate.

:wJane Ann

Thanks for the greeting :)

I tried the Corvette Museum, but I was told they couldn't help.

As for the estimate of 31... thanks! Thats gives me something to work with, and it also motivates me. Thanks again;)

(P.S. I just noticed your location. I'll be there for Cruisin the Coast. Maybe I'll finally see another Carmine Red on the road!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom