Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! AC/heater core box

78 Shark

Hello All,
I have purchased a seal kit for my heater box but need to replace the diverter door rubber seals which was not included in the kit, can anyone tell me where to purchase the heater door seals? Thanks 78 Shark :confused

Can anyone help me at all? I am stuck, I have asked the same question in multiple threads and have received no answers. I would like to put the heater box back in but need to fix the internal doors or diverters. Hope someone will help me.

Thanks for the info

HI, thanks for the info. I went online and didnt see the parts so I called and they said I would have to buy the enitre heater box, The rubber seals for the doors are not part of any kit. I am looking into a local rubber and seal company to see if they can match it up. Here is a pic of what I am talking about.
View attachment 16323Thanks again 78 SHARK

You may can make your own. Go to HomeDepot and look in the weatherstripping area. I've made several seals, etc with stuff I found there.

Hey Jim, thanks for the ideas. I will go there and check it out this weekend. 78 Shark

heater core problem

Hi;I have an 82 Vette that needs a new core.I dismantled the duct assy,etc.I can't seem to find the nuts that hold the heater core in place in the engine compartment.Will I have to pull out the evaporator cover?Any help will be appreciated

On my '72, I seem to remember that the heater core (box) was held in place by welded bolts through the firewall. All I had to do was remove the nuts from under the dash that held the core in place. Hope this helps.

Hello Tracster,
On my 78, there was 3 screws on the inside and one nut on the engine side where a ground strap was located. The pic in my previous threas shows the stud. Hope this helps 78 Shark

Why don't you get a piece of Vinyl Top Padding at a trim shop and cut your own??:upthumbs Sometimes you just have to make some things on these old cars! :D:D:D

The only bolts I have taken off were located at the bottom of the heater core housing.From your picture,it looks like there is another bolt on top of the 'box' that I havn't quite located.I did take the nut off the stud inside the engine bay.I'll see what I can do in the morning.Thankyou

heater core problem

HI, thanks for the info. I went online and didnt see the parts so I called and they said I would have to buy the enitre heater box, The rubber seals for the doors are not part of any kit. I am looking into a local rubber and seal company to see if they can match it up. Here is a pic of what I am talking about.
View attachment 16323Thanks again 78 SHARK
Hey Shark;Your picture made me see the light!Many Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom