Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! AC/Heater Duct Seal/Foam clogging vents

Kettsvette

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Convertible
I am a newbie to this forum and have a newly purchased '88 convertible. I am trying to replace some of the non-working parts of the car and will use this forum to help repair or replace some of these items. One of my first "projects" is to clean up the air ducts. I have noticed debris (the stuff crumbles in your hand) coming from the air ducts that appears to be deteriorated foam seals that are probably from the heating or AC ducts. My problem is that I cannot find the device that is actually causing this mess. I removed the center console to see what I could in the heater/AC duct but I couldn't find anything except at the inlet to the defroster duct. There appears to be a filtering device on the cabin side of the defroster duct that has what appears to have this disintegrating foam on it. THis device may be a filter going to the defroster but, unfortunately, the opening was too small for my hand to fit through so I was not able to get to it. (I can't find anything resembling this device in any of the 3 Chevy parts catalogues I have.)

Does anyone have a clue as to what devicce contains this foam or seal or filter in the AC/heater/defroster duct work that might be causing this problem? Also, I suspcet the device that is on the cabin side of the defroster duct in the dash may be a filter of some kind and would like to know how to remove and replace it. If anyone has a suggestion please advise. Any help will be appreciated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom