Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

acrylic top liners

D

DkBG

Has anyone used one of the static cling type sunscreens in a acrylic targa top . Do they block much sun and can you still see out fairly well ?

I have one. There are two kinds, a solid one and one with holes in it. I have the solid one. You can't see through it, but it does help block the sun pretty well. The only thing is when you put it on, it will take time getting the bubbles out.

I've had the static cling job w/holes on my
1986 for about three years - with no problems.
It stays put. And it does keep the interior
cooler.

I had tried the solid heavy black mat one that
looked good, but I could never get the retaining
clips to stick for any length of time.

I have the stock top on my '01....

farout

I had the static cling with the holes and it filtered a little out. Now I have the headliner model and love it. I've had it for about 6 months and no problem. I still haven't gone through July and August in Las Vegas with it. Anyway it's a dry heat.

danl72,

Got it from Mid-America. Part # 606-362. Price $69.99. I wouldn't suggest pulling it out and popping it in too frequently. I probably wouln't stay in after a while.

Get the Static cling with holes. As an OLD guy from South Texas, it gets hotter than #$^% but the interior stays a LOT cooler and the A/C doesn't work so hard. The draw back is that though you can see through the holes, it just ain't the same.

The tough part was that we layed the top on the living room floor and the wife spent about 2 hours making it fit correctly. With the top slightly curved, it didn't seem to go on smoothly without wrinkles or bubbles. It has been on for two years now with no pealing or loose sections.

Personally I'm leaving it on.

Good Luck.

Dale

BA2 said:
danl72,

Got it from Mid-America. Part # 606-362. Price $69.99. I wouldn't suggest pulling it out and popping it in too frequently. I probably wouln't stay in after a while.
Thank you. I will look it up.:)

Thanks for the input everyone . Maybe I'll wait till I can see one to decide . Cliff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom