Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

advice needed SNAT C4

please advise

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
I am in a bit of a dilemma now,

the Callaway fever is itching a lot now, with seeying you guys buying and selling.

I have 3 options and like your advise.

1, buy a 1993 Vette 6-speed convertible with all options incl hardtop and transform to SNAT 435 in stages at Callaway Leingarten.

2,buy the way too expensive SNAT 400 1993 convertible in Germany now and update with 435 package and Aerobody in a few years.

3,just sit and wait when it itches too much, go out to the gym and work it off ;)

I think best value for money is buying a Callaway with already everything on it! When you have a Callaway and you want to converse it into a 435 or 450 you'll have to take serious $$ with you. When you take the money for a Callaway and the 435 conversion put them together and make that the money you want to put into a Callaway i think you're much better of.
But then again, this is just what i think ;)

Groeten Peter.

I second that. Unless you really just want it a certain way, it's generally cheaper to buy any car with the modifications already done.

That said, what's the price difference in transforming a SNAT 400 into a 435/450 vs a base engine? If it's the same, then you'd seem to be throwing your money away on the 400 package.

John H. Christensen said:
Whats wrong with a SNAT 450?
Big John.

What are the diffenences between the 435 and 450 package? It's assumed that only an LT4 can be converted to a 450, can an LT1? IF not then why??

thanks

Jeroenvgfn,

I have had the Callaway itch for a LONG time now. I have considered sending the GS to Callaway for a SNAT 450 package, but I just do not have the heart to do it to that car. I have also explored the options of selling the current GS for one with a few more miles, 20-25K vs. the current 6K. Just wait the right car will come along, it may take longer than you want but it will happen. Just find a Callaway that is right for you.

Daniel

Ok, It looks like I am going to work out a lot :)

I browsed and searched 5 years before I bought my current Vette, and found what I wanted.

I think I should handle similar with the Callaway now.

Why 93 ?

It is the last year the nice seats and steering wheel were used.
so 92 will be fine too but I preffer the 40th logo on the seats and like the gadget of PKE.

I like the 91 #39 polo green Vert with saddle int TT too,which is for sale but that will be gone by the time I have the money saved.

currently I am re-upholstering my 1986 and doing the rest of the interior, so that one is absolutaly a keeper for now.

boostedmaxPSI said:
What are the diffenences between the 435 and 450 package? It's assumed that only an LT4 can be converted to a 450, can an LT1? IF not then why??

thanks
My 96 C8 was a 400 that I had Callaway convert to a 450.
the heads were ported, roller rockers installed, LT4 intake manifold, Stainless headers and larger throttle body.
Big John.

Jeroenvgfn said:
Ok, It looks like I am going to work out a lot :)

I browsed and searched 5 years before I bought my current Vette, and found what I wanted.

I think I should handle similar with the Callaway now.

Why 93 ?

It is the last year the nice seats and steering wheel were used.
so 92 will be fine too but I preffer the 40th logo on the seats and like the gadget of PKE.
Well, just one opinion then... If I'm reading the production numbers right, there are only 14 1993 SNAT converts/aero converts. Maybe this is the car you are looking for? You could find out from Callaway or from the previous poster about turning a 400 into a 450. Maybe it's not that expensive afterall? John's description of his conversion is all upper-end work.

Just a thought...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom