Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: After market tail lights

jose

Corvette
onefine59
Hi all
Im thinking of buying a new pair of after market tail lights to suit my 59 Vette but am concerned of quality and fitting has anyone had experience with this issue and can recommend a brand or supplier for lights.
Thanks Jose:ugh

Your choice will be few as there seems to be very few actual manufactures of Corvette after market parts, but many sellers. I'd go with a seller with good customer service along with a reasonable (?) price and return anything you don't like.

Good luck

tail light

The problem is I live in Australia and sending anything back can be an expensive and time consuming effort that is why Im trying to get it correct the first time I would hate to be dissapointed with quality and fit.

Thanks Jose

Back to what I said before about how the Corvette after market seems to work. My guess is that there are very few, like one in most cases, suppliers of the unique parts we get from the after market dealers. I've had parts come bagged with another dealers sticker and sent from a dealer that I didn't order from. In other words if there are two actual manufactures of the '59 tail light you want to buy it would surprise me.

Call, write, email one of the bigger suppliers/dealers like MAM, Corvette Central, or ProTeam and get some assurance that you will get a quality tail light. You should be able to fine their information on this web site or the net.

Checked the Corvette Central site and the have the full replacement tail light kit or just the lenses and screws. They also state they are authorized GM restoration parts. Looks like you won't need luck, just lots of money.

They also have lenses that are not call GM authorized.

Last edited:
Hi all
Im thinking of buying a new pair of after market tail lights to suit my 59 Vette but am concerned of quality and fitting has anyone had experience with this issue and can recommend a brand or supplier for lights.
Thanks Jose:ugh

The only aftermarket tail lights that will fit your '59 Corvette are the correct reproduction parts; you want the ones manufactured by "Trim Parts", not the ones imported from Taiwan; you'll be happy with the lights from Trim Parts. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom