Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket C3 seats?

80Vette

Corvette
1980 pearl white vette
I am a little over 6'4" and at times feel a bit too tall for the original OEM seats in my 1980 Vette. I have been researching to no avail in search of aftermarket seats with a higher backrest than on the current stock seats. Have any of you aftermarket custom guys used a more performance, or higher backrest (for head support) seat set-up? I'm looking for an easy (relative term I know) swap. I don't want to disrupt its stock mounts too much.

Thanks in advance!

Andy in Oregon
coolgleamA.gif

Some Options for you

Hey 80vette

Try this link

http://wiki.corvettefaq.com/index.php?title=Interior

Item Lines 11, 12 and 16 have alternative options in the form of C4, C5 and after market sets into a C3.

Another option?

The L81 electric seat floor pan is deeper than the manual one.
I have a similar problem with height (actually with width as well, but that another storey! ;LOL)
I removed my electric seat and replaced it with a manual version, thereby reducing the height of the lower seat cushion and gaining about 1 1/2 inches in head height.
Although more radical, if you already have manual seats (not sure if 80 had electric?), you can get more head height replacing with the electric floor pan from an L81 or 82 vette. Not cheap, but would work.

Just my $0.02 worth, good luck with what ever you decide.

:beer Grant

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom