Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Tops

S

Sibexpress

Been dying to purchase a transparent top for my 84 but at 1200 new I've had to put it off- between the new paint job and an engine rebuild.
My question is-Has anyone purchased and after market top? Or aftermarket weather stripping for that mater. I've seen them at Melrose tops and they run about 1/2 price. The price is attractive but I don't want a cheap product either if you know what I mean.

:CAC

I have heard all good things about the aftermarket top companies... (I have not heard specifics on melrose tops though)

-The weatherstripping goes both ways, some love the aftermarket, some hate it... I think it comes down to which brand you wind up getting

I bought a top from Thompson Astro Tops about 4 years ago.Good quality,no problems,great service.

An added bonus:My squeaky topped Vette was cured of the squeak.I really didn't expect that,but I sure was happy!:w

New Seals and no sqeaks!
Looks like I'll go for it!:dance

looked at aftermarket and OEM weatherstripping...talked to dealership, and with aftermarket shops...then went with GM weatherstripping. If you can stand the extra pain of the bucks coming out of the back pocket...believe the OEM's a better deal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom