Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Air diverter question

djsroknrol

Corvette
1984 L83/MD8 red coupe
I changed about 10 ft of vacuum lines last weekend and found a plastic line disconnected from the back of the front TB in the process. When I restarted the car, it was cold and sounded like it was missing a cylinder. It warmed up and ran alright after that...my MPG even came up a couple of miles :thumb

My question is, would the reconnection mean that the ECM needs to relearn the change in vacuum before it straightens itself out again or could it be that something else is wrong?

It only takes a short time for the long term fuel trim...it was called "block learn" way back then...to adjust.

It is possible you have some other cold start or early warm-up issue.

Ok...so a 7 mile highway run to work tonight should have set it back, but it didn't. The 7 mile ride home was the same; it starts cold and straightens out after 5 minutes or so. I need to check the vacuum connections again and inspect the EGR and the EGR solenoid while I've got the air cleaner off.
I still don't understand the increase in average miles per gallon when its runs so lousy on cold start. ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom