Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

alarm

D

drazen

Hi!
Can anybody tell me do all C4-1995 have Alarm like a serial equipment?

I ask is It in all C4-1995 because I did not find It in mine?

It is built right into the car, so I don't think you will find it like you would on an aftermarket installed alarm. It is wired right into the stock door switches, horn, computer, steering column, etc. etc.

You will know you have one by locking the doors with the windows rolled down. close the doors, give it a second or two. Now, reach in through the open window, manually unlock the door or manually strike the power door lock button to the "unlock" position (as if you have broken into the car), and open the door. The horn (if it works) should sound. Meanwhile it has shut down the ignition system until you insert the key in the door and unlock it using the key as normal.

I was try to switch on alarm in my car on the way you show me but nothing's happened! What do you think what is the problem?

When you are sitting in the car with the door open looking at the gauges. Do you see a light flashing "security" ?

If so, with the left door open reach over and hit the power door lock button. See if the light goes from flashing to a solid light.

This is with the window rolled down and key out of the ignition.

Now shut the door. Wait a few momements. The security light should go off. After it has gone off, manually unlock the door or just hit the power door lock button and open the door.

This should trigger the alarm.

If not, does your horn work? Just press the horn on the steering wheel and see if it beeps. If it does not beep, then your alarm may be working, but your horn is not good.

When you put the key in the ignition, or unlock the door with key, it deactivates.

make sure you have removed your key fob from the general area so that the system will lock the doors and arm the alarm. If you have the fob near the car it will deactivate the alarm.

I did it! It works!
Thank you one more time!
Greeting from Croatia!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom