Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Amid Bankruptcy Planning - 1.5 Millionth Corvette Built

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Apparently while GM was preparing for bankruptcy, the 1,500,000th Corvette rolled off the assembly line in Bowling Green on Thursday, May 28th. At this time, the only details I have is that it is a white convertible - and received no fanfare what-so-ever.

With any luck, we'll see GM rise up from the ashes to build another 1.5 million Corvettes in the future. Keep your fingers crossed!

YEP - Things were a lot different last week then back on July 2, of 1992...

zjyp81.jpg

L8TR - D

It is still there. It was donated to the museum before the museum was finished in '94. Let's hope for another 1.5 million.

I was lucky enough to see this car being built during my buyers tour a week ago. It was somewhat of a 'secret' when I saw it. :beer

• Admin
Chevrolet builds 1,500,000th Corvette

FOR RELEASE: 2009-06-10

Chevrolet builds 1,500,000th Corvette

Pricing also announced for the 2010 Corvette Grand Sport

DETROIT - At the June meeting of the Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Association, Karen Rafferty, Chevrolet Product Marketing Director, today announced the recent production of the 1,500,000th Corvette at GM Bowling Green Assembly.

"The 1.5 millionth Corvette is a great example of how Chevy is America's Brand," Rafferty said. "For nearly 60 years we have built America's Sports Car and this milestone is a solid proof point."

The 1.5 millionth Corvette, built on May 28, is a white convertible 3LT with red interior and black top (similar to the first, 500,000th and 1 millionth Corvettes built in 1953, 1977 and 1992 respectively). The first Corvette rolled off the assembly line on June 30, 1953.

Rafferty also announced pricing of the all-new 2010 Corvette Grand Sport. Pricing for the Grand Sport coupe is $55,720 and GS convertible is $59,530. Both prices include a $950 destination freight charge.

"The Corvette Grand Sport achieves a 0 - 60 time in less than four seconds, pulls 1.0g on the skid pad and still boasts an impressive 26 highway mpg," Rafferty said. "These numbers are unmatched by any of Corvette's competitors."

CONTACT(S):
Adam Denison
Chevrolet Communications
adam.denison@gm.com
313 665 5127 (office)
313 600 5479 (cell)

• Admin
I think they should have left the stripes off to stay in tune with the other three.

Wow this is great. I am ready for the next 44 years and 500,000 Corvettes!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom