Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another AC vent question

F

FireLt90

I've done a pretty complete search and haven't found quite what I'm looking for. The AC in my 94 coupe (no auto air) does not seem to blow too hard. Now I understand that I have been used to driving new cars and maybe I'm expecting too much from a 14 year old car. However I'm in south Florida and it's starting to warm up quickly. So, I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Does the high speed blower just not blow as hard as newer cars?

2. I notice that there seems to be a blank peice of plastic in the left center vent. a) why is this thing there? b) will removing it help with airflow? If so...

3. What is the procedure for removing the center vent to get that blank out of there without busting stuff up?

Also, is seems that some of the foam inside that vent is starting to sag and cover the outlet. So that would be another reason to remove the vent.

Dark tint and a headliner blackout cover are also in my very near future...

thanks in advance...

i have replyed to this before. It worked for me ,have not heard from anyone elsewho might have tried it. Remove the blower motor,and if memory is correct, the resitor on the heater box.spray some sort of degreaser and flush out with a garden hose. it made a BIG difference on mine. now if i can only by pass the automatic climate control crap i`d be happier. bill

i have replyed to this before. It worked for me ,have not heard from anyone elsewho might have tried it. Remove the blower motor,and if memory is correct, the resitor on the heater box.spray some sort of degreaser and flush out with a garden hose. it made a BIG difference on mine. now if i can only by pass the automatic climate control crap i`d be happier. bill

Forgive my ignorance but, where are the blower motor, resistor and heater box, and how difficult a job is this for someone who is not especially mechanically gifted?;shrug

Just noticed something else. Just got back from a drive this evening. AC was on and blowing cold. AC button was selected and I felt cold air blowing on my right foot. Is this normal for this setting?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom