Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another fuel pressure question

Andries

Corvette
1994 Dark red coupe
Hi.
When I switch the car to the ON position the fuel pressure goes up to 42psi while the fuel pump is energizing. As soon as the fuel pump switch of again the fuel pressure drop to 22 within 5 seconds. After that it start to drop more slowly. (2psi per minute) What type of valves is there in the fuel system and how can I test them. I see the fuel pypes are steel so I cant blank them off.
Thanks

Does the car start ok after allowing the pressure to drop ? If not you may have bad injectors. If it starts good I would say your fuel pump is the problem.

Glenn
:w

Starts fine as soon as the pressure goes up again. When hot it cranks for about 2-3 seconds and when cold about 5 seconds.

Ok starting that quick should rule out injector leak. I am not sure how the pump works , if there is a back check or what. I know on my high milage GM cars I turn on the key and let the pump quit running before cranking.If I don't I have to crank for 4 to 7 seconds before they start. I assume I am losing fuel pressure on them.If you have no leaks in connections or lines I am not sure it is a concern, I have been driving my Riviera with 227 k on it for about 60k in that condition.;shrug

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom