Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary anyone have 40th seats like mind?

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

ruby-red

Corvette
1993 ruby red
i have not seen seats like mind on any 93 40th, they look more like 94-96 style
IMG00461.jpg
IMG00460.jpg

Those seats are the '94-'96 seats.

Wonder how they got in your Vette.

They should also be Ruby Red in color.

The plot thickens..........................

Obviously, someone replaced them!

AFTER REPLACING YOUR SEATS, BE SURE TO SAVE THE :w!

they are ruby-red in color! and they have the 40th on the headrest in picture

The color did not come out very good in the pics you posted. Sorry for the confusion.

This is a very strange occurrence, for sure!

Do you know the "Build Date" of your Vette? If it was built at the very end of the production run, it is possible that the factory (Bowling Green) ran out of the '93 style seats. They might have installed the '94 style seats at that time. The whole interior was getting a "makeover" for the '94 Model Year (MY).

Or, the Vette might have been originally built for a VIP at Chevy. They might have requested the newer seats be installed.

At any rate, there is definitely a story behind your Vette.

AS THE PLOT THICKENS, BE SURE TO SAVE THE :w!

they are ruby-red in color! and they have the 40th on the headrest in picture

Are you the original owner? The pics are not the best....but that does not look like the Ruby Red color used in the Anniversary cars. I have never heard of the '94 - '96 seats being used in the '93 model.

My guess is that if you re not the original owner someone in the past liked the 94 -96 seats and had them covered in the ruby color and had the 40th logo stiched in. Not hard to do.

The pictures are from my blackberry, I’ll try to get some better pictures they are ruby-red color seats! This is the way I bought the car
I really like the seats but I never seen another ruby like it! I really don't believe someone when thru the trouble or the money to had new 94-96 seats redone with ruby-red with the 40th on them, give me a few days and I’ll take better pictures and post them

Ask the former owner if you know who it is if not, run a carfax it will tell you from first owner to last owner. That's where I'd start.

As far as somebody spending the money and time you betcha someone would. I put a $3500.00 suspension on my '81 and I know alot of other vette owners who make changes that suit them no matter what the cost.

Dig into some more and let us know!!
tcxd40

They are 94-96 and I know Wilcox will dye leather any color and will stitch 40th on the covers, I got a set from them and had them stitch 40th on mine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom