Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone not like the C6

Personally i think they need to bring back that ****pit feel they had on the C2 for the interior.

-Andy

Not Like It?

It's interesting, I've read all the conversation and opinon about the C6 on this forum for about 11 months now. From the height of the speculation phase, before the first pics were posted, and up to now, there are clearly 4 camps; 1)"It absolutely bites!", 2)"Take it or leave it (wouldn't trade my C5 for it...)", 3)"It's a nice car, could use a few improvements..., I'll wait awhile......", and 4)"That's one bad ass m----f---- ride and I want one!"

It's been great to get all the fact and opinon, and fun to read the debate... There are a lot of really knowlegable people on the CAC forums. I currently own a C4 vert., which I really love and will definitely keep, but I fall in the latter camp,... even got one on order.... From my viewpoint, the car is one "nice" ride.... I think the looks are beautiful, but I realize that one person's pleasure is another person's pain..... The technology and performance (especially for the price...) are nothing short of astounding,..... look at the Z51 stats.... And 2006 brings the new Z06...

jazzlove:D

I'm old enough to remember the 63, 68, 83, 97 Corvette introductions. The complaints about the C6 will most likely lead to changes by GM. I have a feeling the 2005 will be a unique model much like the 63 and 68. Maybe not as radical as removing the split from the rear window on the 63 stlye but subtle like removing the barbcue grills from the hood on the 63 style or adding fender flares to the 68 style. As time went on these items, that people complained about, made those models very collectible. This makes me want a 2005 C6 more than ever. I hope I can get one before they fix or refine it. I'll bet people will be paying big bucks to find a 2005 C6 with one of those big ugly front license plate brackets and that clunkly looking steering wheel 40 years from now. My biggest adjustment owning and driving a C6 will be getting used to that SUV looking aluminum dash but with 400 horses I guess I'll be looking past the dash to where I am going (fast).

Hmmmm, well, the Ricer headlights gotta go!:(

Waiting for the aftermarket popups.

Bodystyle not bad, the liscence plate holder should cost someone thier job :mad , thier life, awe hell let's just torture them for hours (make'em drive a Viper) they'll never walk upright again.;LOL

Mart

bluecoupe said:
I'm old enough to remember the 63, 68, 83, 97 Corvette introductions. The complaints about the C6 will most likely lead to changes by GM. I have a feeling the 2005 will be a unique model much like the 63 and 68. Maybe not as radical as removing the split from the rear window on the 63 stlye but subtle like removing the barbcue grills from the hood on the 63 style or adding fender flares to the 68 style. As time went on these items, that people complained about, made those models very collectible. This makes me want a 2005 C6 more than ever. I hope I can get one before they fix or refine it. I'll bet people will be paying big bucks to find a 2005 C6 with one of those big ugly front license plate brackets and that clunkly looking steering wheel 40 years from now. My biggest adjustment owning and driving a C6 will be getting used to that SUV looking aluminum dash but with 400 horses I guess I'll be looking past the dash to where I am going (fast).
...................I 'm with you on this one.I think there will be subtle changes very soon on the body.I love the C6 (especially the 400hp) but I consider it, as some have mentioned here, the C5.5.My uneducated guess would be that if and when they bring out the blue devil(super corvette) we will get a drastic evolution of the bodywork.I really believe GM will go back to the pop-up headlights...I mean think of it this way.....Who drives a corvette at top speed in the dark?....It just makes me wonder why GM changed the headlights anyway?.....I think the C4 headlights look the best,especially when they are in motion...so cool....:Steer

Try it . . . you'll like it . . .

Having seen the C6 around the plant for several months and driving it from Bowling Green up to CAC's 1st CruiseFest . . . I think the C6 is 1 Great Package.

I like the looks and cockpit feel of the C6 interior and as everyone has commented . . . the performance of the LS2 is awesome. With all the bells, whistles and overall creature features the C6 has, driving it is a real pleasure.

It's still quite different seeing the headlights . . . and as far as that license plate thing goes . . . that's an interesting opportunity for someone 2 show some design ingenuity . . . or maybe better yet, for all states to lose their front license plate law . . .

It will be interesting to see the years go by and how the 6th Generation Corvette matures . . . I'm pretty sure it will live up to it's heritage as America's Sports Car !

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I have seen them in person and don't like them -- except the performance, of-course. The back-end looks too chopped-off at an angle, the hood looks too short, and I hate the headlights -- not because they are exposed, but because of the seperate "elements". Taken as a whole, the car looks too "squeezed together and puffed-up"!:eyerole

I certainly would not trade my C5 for one!:( Especially since GM decided not to upgrade to a manual-shift automatic with shift paddles. GM is really behind the times in it's auto tranny offerings! (Yes I would prefer to drive a six speed, but I have muscular dystrophy and cannot depress a clutch pedal anymore. Many of us drive autos for a variety of reasons -- but NOT because we don't care about performance!)

My problem with it is the lack of creative designing...

When C1, C2, C3, and C4 models came out they were cutting edge and different than any other car on the road (at the time). They didn't look to the past, they moved forward and set the trend... if people didn't like them when they came out, most liked them a couple years later... after other cars of the time caught up the the Corvette's unique style. Even the C1, which was supposed to look european, didn't really look like any other car on the road.

When the C5 came out, it took many styling cues from other cars, and a little bit from previous generations... it still disappoints me that it looks so much like an RX7 and NSX.

The C6 takes styling cues from previous generations again, which is acceptable, but it also takes cues from other modern cars, which is not acceptable (to me at least)... the fixed headlamps and many other items just don't scream "cutting edge" or "unique style". it screams something more along the lines of just "keeping up" with the competition:(

I have to vent.... I saw one on the road...

It took me three glances at the car to figure if it was an actual C6. At first glance I thought it was a new ricer or customized C5 or something.

I DO NOT like it. I hate to say it but the Caddy Vette looks better... Did I say that out load?

Dang chevy... you missed the 50th and now this thing???

I do like the numbers on the engine...

Ok, Phew I had to say it to someone...

No car is perfect. Appreciation of style is completely subjective and varies from person to person. My sister-in-law thinks any car that costs more than $25K is ugly, wasteful and should not be sold (she's a greenie, libber, twice devorced, left winger - man do we have some hot discussions). Anyway, most of the folks here like the C6 and you can count me with them.

I wouldn't turn one down. This Corvette C6 will not be a failure. People will buy them and enjoy them, and change will continue to march on.

atmmac said:
I can honestly say i really dont like the look of the C6. The fixed headlamps dont look great, The license plate thing is awful, The passenger side of the interior looks like a C5 that just got pushed in flat. The back even looks a bit tacky. The only thing i like are the side views and the new LS2. Anyone else with me on this one?

Sorry Guys,
-Andy

I been saying the same ever since the SPY pictures hit - where is the innovation!? people thought the C5 was ugly - well the C6 is undescribable!

Personally, I like it. I liked it when the first pictures of the car were released in January, and now that I've seen it in person, gone for a ride in it, touched it and experienced it, I love it even more.

Now I just need to actually drive it. However, that might not be such a good idea. Then I'll really end up putting myself in the poor-house because I'll have to have one.

As for the design issues, here is my overall opinion:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48716

french cars...

I know liking or disliking a car is a personal thing. I just had to say it. Heck, I liked that screaming chipmunk (Turbo charged Renault Le Car) with the fat bologna tires under the flaired fenders.

I'm with you!

atmmac said:
I can honestly say i really dont like the look of the C6. The fixed headlamps dont look great, The license plate thing is awful, The passenger side of the interior looks like a C5 that just got pushed in flat. The back even looks a bit tacky. The only thing i like are the side views and the new LS2. Anyone else with me on this one?

Sorry Guys,
-Andy
Andy: Nothing to be sorry about! I am not thrilled with the looks of the C6 either. I am ****ed that they took away the pop-up headlights. In fact, no disrespect here either, but I have not been thrilled with the looks of the C5 either. The rear bumper is WAY TOO FAT!!! Otherwise, I do like the front and the sides and interior of the C5. Really, I love my C4! I have a 1996 LT-4 Collector Edition Coupe 6-speed with a Carroll/Vortech Supercharging system with nearly every factory option including the Z-51 suspension that is absolutley a killer car! Even with the Z-51, it rides great, handles great and is an absolute animal with regard to perfomance. I am running 10 lbs. of boost (more than I am supposed to) out of the Voortech S-trim blower. I have tweaked Carrol's system so that the motor can safely handle this boost without detonating itself apart. As far as the "entry and exit issue", I am totally disabled and can drive only short distances due to the pain I experience from my disability (failed back surgery and bilateral total hip replacements), I have NO trouble getting into, and out of, my C4. I have the Sport Seat option. I keep the seats high up so that they are virtually level with the door sills. In this manner, entry and exit are easy for me. I really love the car. In fact, it handles ALMOST as nice as my 1997 Porsche 911 Carrera! That is a real compliment to the 'Vette, becasue there are not many cars that come near a 911 in handlesing around turns! So to me, I love the 'Vette and the Porsche equally (however, I will be installing a bolt-on Supercharger kit that I already purchased onto the Porsche soon as well...we shall see.....). Have a great day!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom