Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone see this?

TAC

Corvette
1987 Yellow Callaway TT Convertible & 2003 MY Z06
:w

100_0317.jpg

What a shame that was done to an LM-Aerobody. I wonder if it was defective and too expensive to fix so someone tried to be creative. It must weigh a ton with the tiles and the cement.

I wonder what the interior and the engine bay look like :crazy - legos? :ugh

-Luigi
:cool

Ok , I have translated the text for those who are interested.

Covered in ceramic you find a Chevrolet Corvette specially prepared by Callaway for participation in the Gran Turismo class of the 24 H Le Mans
therefore they installed a Carbon hood, competition brakes from Brembo en lowered the suspension and there is a 430 HP engine placed.

total of 43000 tiles in 1/10 scale of the famous pavement at the workshop of Alain Vagh.
39 kilograms of glue was used.

-----------------------------------

maybe we can check with Old Lyme which Snat this is.

I will keep searching for more pics on internet and hope to find a glimps of the engine and interior

After checking the other thread about that blue car, even the exhaust is the same... rectangle tips with rounded edges...

You've Got To Be Kidding Me!!!!!!

Maybe it's the new space shuttle? ;shrug

callawaycorvette said:
wasn't this fake LM an Italian car ?? this is one with French registration

I know it could have been exported but just a tought.

My French is a bit rusty, but the last line of the 'sign' says: "En Route Pour Pompei" I read that as (and i could be wrong here) "On the way from Pompei".

I forgot the blue car was from italy, this almost helps confirm it...

If it was the fake car then that explains it. Either way it does not please me.

-Luigi

TurboLuigi said:
If it was the fake car then that explains it. Either way it does not please me.

-Luigi

me either, I would have loved to have even the fake one, there is nothing like the styling of the LM :)

are you in search of a Callaway ;-)

Vettelt193 said:
My French is a bit rusty, but the last line of the 'sign' says: "En Route Pour Pompei" I read that as (and i could be wrong here) "On the way from Pompei".

I forgot the blue car was from italy, this almost helps confirm it...

Good memory :m

*89x2* said:
Good memory :m

I've been looking/lusting for a callaway for many years... The problem is $$, i hoped the values would have dropped by now, but they just seem to keep hanging in there, if not go up.

Also, I'll never justify to my wife selling my 'vette to buy another manual tranny vette; and the auto TT's are so hard to find. Until the right deal comes along or I win the lottery, I'll continue to :drool:

Vettelt193 said:
I've been looking/lusting for a callaway for many years... The problem is $$, i hoped the values would have dropped by now, but they just seem to keep hanging in there, if not go up.

Also, I'll never justify to my wife selling my 'vette to buy another manual tranny vette; and the auto TT's are so hard to find. Until the right deal comes along or I win the lottery, I'll continue to :drool:

As an owner, I am rather glad the values have held so well :cool It seems that all but the Callaways and Corvette Challenge cars and some GrandSports are maintaining their $$$'s :cool

But I know what you mean, from an enthusiasts perspective - it is a great car, and a lot of Corvette history with them...

Auto trans Callaways are tough to find, but not impossible ;)

Keep the faith! :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom